|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Trojan T-1275 Trouble

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

Yes it is sort of complicated till you do it in real life. Switch A makes it a typical three stage converter and if you monkey with the pot with the switch set to the left, it will change all three voltages at once. You can restore that to original though.

The real benefit is as a singe voltage manual charger with switch A to the right, set to any voltage you like with the pot B.

Maybe not a perfect solution, but much better than most other "smart" chargers which have no manual mode !

And the price is reasonable.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MakerMK wrote:

The controller is a Xantrex C35 PWM type. It can be set up for different charging profiles so it is pretty ideal for atypical batteries. But of course it doesn't work if the power supply has a bad connection.

This is GREAT news ! Thank you for reporting back !

I skimmed that owners manual and the setup for that charge controller is not trivial, it is not that difficult either.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MakerMK wrote:

Another thought is to use a simple power supply to drive the Schneider charge controller and don't even use the camper's built in charger. I'm sure that your suggestion to get another charger would work, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to make use of what I already have?

I think that is what I would do !

You do not need a 30V power supply. If you are NOT going to equalize (i.e. leave the charge controller on manual equalize mode) than a power supply capable of providing at least 1V MORE than the Bulk Charging Voltage should be sufficient.

In other posts Megawatt Power Supplies have gotten good reviews. While their supplies only claim a maximum output of 15.5V if you called and asked I'll bet they can set you up with one that would do 16V.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/19 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can boost the Megawatt output to over 16V with THIS. There are lesser boost modules if the 30A model is overkill.

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Trojan T-1275 Trouble
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS