|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Washing your rv in the lake

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mooky stinks wrote:

Not sure exactly how that happened. Owner initially says parking brake failed. Then blames the dog. Funny thing is, the reverse lights come on just before it starts rolling backwards. If the dog did do it, that's one smart dog to be able to release the parking brake, step on the regular brake and shift it into reverse. Also not very smart to keep it running when it's going under water. He obviously doesn't know/cares what happens when an engine ingests water.

yep said it all here. I wonder what the reason was to have someone back the thing in the water.

hey they always want to know the "motive" on the news on TV. [emoticon]

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

They should have disabled the backup lights and brake lights before filming this. If you freeze the video when it cuts to the side view, you can clearly see a person sitting in the driver's seat.

My opinion on page 2 and still my opinion. On watching it another time, the brake lights stay on as long as the guy is behind the MH. When he is no longer behind the MH, e.g. opens the side door, the brake lights go off, then, later, they come back on. Coincidence?

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dunno about this motorhome, but any automatic I've had in the last 20 years has to have the brake pedal depressed before you can move the lever out of Park.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/19 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO, Bobbo gets the best detective award. [emoticon]

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/19 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

And he just happened to have not one, but TWO cameras rolling at the time? Yeah, not buying that one.

And then he blames the dog and the E brake when you can see the backup lights on the whole time. Fail.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/19 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I dunno about this motorhome, but any automatic I've had in the last 20 years has to have the brake pedal depressed before you can move the lever out of Park.

true with my 97 Bounder on Ford chassis

Shift lever won't move from park

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/19 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EJ on Wikipedia

I am ROFL!!! I KNOW this guy - He's Eric Jackson. World-famous whitewater kayaker (no surprise he could hold his breath for so long while hooking up the tow line); owns Jackson Kayak Company with his family; and is now competing in Bass Tournaments. The second I saw the boat and RV wrap, I burst out laughing. No - I really doubt this was a publicity stunt - and EJ ALWAYS has a swarm of camerapeople surrounding him. He's a really nice person, too.

kayakparrothead

kawarthas

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/19 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EJ videos eveything he does. Don't know about his fishing but until recently he was the best freestyle kayaker in the world.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/19 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kayakparrothead wrote:

EJ videos eveything he does. Don't know about his fishing but until recently he was the best freestyle kayaker in the world.

His sister also is a multi-time champion; and now EJ's son Dane had championships, too! I think the power-boat bass tournaments are an offshoot of his/Jackson Kayaks dominance of the fishing kayak world?

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

camperdave wrote:

And he just happened to have not one, but TWO cameras rolling at the time? Yeah, not buying that one.

And then he blames the dog and the E brake when you can see the backup lights on the whole time. Fail.

If you check Eric's video from the the drivers seat, there are two, yes, TWO Dalmatians. (cool dogs) One on the front passengers seat and another one just below it on the floor. So, . . . . the dogs were a TAG TEAM! That's how they released the parking brake and then shifted into reverse with impeccable timing.

On a side note, this was an interesting motor home. If I'm correct, it sounds like a front engine diesel. It has a toy hauler option with a rear (right side) door instead of a rear state room. It looks like it has a roll up rear door. I've only seen one like it before. Probably where he carries the expensive kayaks. The rentals go on the roof.

Chum lee

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Washing your rv in the lake
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS