|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Prevost Bus or Newmar King Air

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/19 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First off, I absolutely love the Prevost for the ride and handling. Obviously, everything mechanical is top notch. IMO, from the ones we looked at when shopping, they lack the very essentials we wanted while camping. Cupboard space was limited, kitchen space was not cook friendly and the bathrooms left some desirability. I know there are exceptions, Mr. Mark's for example, but I don't need a table that lights up when I sit at it. I don't need a complete wet bar etc. One salesman, when I asked about cooking in the kitchen, looked at me like I was nuts. His comment was most buyers eat out. Again, Prevosts are awesome machines and last forever. But I'd rather put my money into living space which is where I spend most of my time. I only drive 3 hours on moving days which are only two or three times a month. The rest of the time I'm enjoying the comforts of the coach. Now if you ask me about the steerable tag---that's totally different....[emoticon].....Dennis

A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/19 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We kinda liked the Prevost so we had one built.

MM.

On Edit..... Dennis, I didn't see your post until I hit send. Same time on the clock! LOL!

Mr.Mark

2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo w/1,750 lb. ft. of torque, 1.5 baths, 4 slides.
2017 Lincoln MKX AWD V6 335 hp twin turbo.

erniee

Weatherford, Texas 76086

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had coaches from Southwinds, Executive, Allegro, Fortravel, 4 Wanderlodges and now a Prevost XL Liberty. Prevost is the best

Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 05:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As far as I know ALL Prevosts are custom built to the customer's specs. They do not have a standard floor plan like most RV manufacturers. For that reason, when you are looking at a Prevost it may or may not have features that are of importance to you.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of us live full time in our Prevost and cook, back, grill everyday! While not every Prevost is right for every person, not every RV is right for every person. The OP asked which is better and that question has many interpretations. The Prevost is a better built, better riding, longer lasting RV than any other RV on the market. That still does not make it right for everyone!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

folivier

Southeast Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to add Newell to your list. Unsurpassed factory support, all custom builds. Arguably as good or better than Prevost.

katoomer

Vancouver

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own an entry level Newmar DP. When I look at the high end Newmars such as the King Aire, I see a lot of small components that are the same parts as my cheap model. It's those small parts that will fail or break over time.
An example is the latches for the underbelly storage doors. They are always needing adjustment and the doors sag. I'm not complaining about my coach but if I was paying 3 times the price for a big Newmar I would want better components.

2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

Two Jayhawks

Lenexa Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I was gonna reply yesterday but held off since you asked to hear from those that own a Prevo or a KA & I've owned neither. [emoticon] You didn't mention a budget & the two products you mention are not similarly priced. If the budget allows for a Prevo with four slides you are golden and you would have the finest available. IMO if the budget dictated older units with no slides, even one or two, I'd be back in the KA camp. This is of course coming from someone that puts more emphasis on enjoying the coach while camping rather than the driving experience.

Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 2014 Ford Edge
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

katoomer wrote:

I own an entry level Newmar DP. When I look at the high end Newmars such as the King Aire, I see a lot of small components that are the same parts as my cheap model. It's those small parts that will fail or break over time.
An example is the latches for the underbelly storage doors. They are always needing adjustment and the doors sag. I'm not complaining about my coach but if I was paying 3 times the price for a big Newmar I would want better components.

You could look at that 2 ways, those excellent components that are found in the luxury coaches are also found in the entry level at Newmar.

Our coach is approaching 20 years old, all the bay doors work flawlessly. I have replaced 2 air springs.
All the big expensive repairs/replacement stuff were caused by dumb mistakes made by the owner.

2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JK toad.

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a simple comment and not critical of any coach no matter how much you paid for it.

You are going to have maintenance expenses, on common items. tires, hoses, belts etc. Those will be more expensive for the higher end coaches and the lower end too.

the medium level coaches will average a lower cost to maintain than either the high end or the low end.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Prevost Bus or Newmar King Air
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS