|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> California Firearm Compliance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/19 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the best information for each state. Just click on the state of interest and all the information is available.

HANDGUN LAW US

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/19 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Golly----I LOVE Idaho and it's lack of gun haters. Walk through the Costco and you might see more then a couple weapons hanging around. We can buy as many rounds as we have money for, stop by the holster shop and pick a new holder, get a couple 15 round mags at the other store, pick up a pizza and the mail, go home, kiss the little lady, pat the dog, and relax. Life is good!!
We carry bear spray AND a firearm for our protection when traveling. This is our choice and each person has the opportunity to chose their comfort level.
Peace out fellow traveler

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/19 10:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blazing Zippers wrote:

Golly----I LOVE Idaho and it's lack of gun haters. Walk through the Costco and you might see more then a couple weapons hanging around. We can buy as many rounds as we have money for, stop by the holster shop and pick a new holder, get a couple 15 round mags at the other store, pick up a pizza and the mail, go home, kiss the little lady, pat the dog, and relax. Life is good!!
We carry bear spray AND a firearm for our protection when traveling. This is our choice and each person has the opportunity to chose their comfort level.
Peace out fellow traveler

sounds great, I'm going to look for some property there.
Jay D.

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/19 10:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

for the o/p, JUST STAY OUT OF CA.
Jay D.

packnrat

soon to be the state of Jefferson U S A

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/19 01:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

without reading all the postings.
go to this web site

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

but as to traveling around in ca with any pistol. gun must be unloaded.in a locked container (can be a hard or soft case) (a lock is what any kid to old person would call a "lock" key or combo. cheap **** to a very good one).
ammo can be in the same container, including fully loaded mags.

NO MAGS THAT CAN MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS.

long guns can be on a back seat no container. but keep covered out of sight

NO MAGS THAT CAN HOLD MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS.

can not place any pistol into a glove-box or center console in your car or truck.
all pistols, rifles, shotguns must be locked up so NO person under 21 can access them.
keep them out of reach of the front seat. trunk is best, or a storage locker in your trucks bed.
i use a pelican style case to transport my pistols. on the back seat floor of my truck. but i live in the hills, in some city's. lock them up very good in the trunk. or rv.
your rv or tent camp site is your home.when parked for the night, while driving it is a motorcoach.
keep the guns out of sight. as some parks are forbidden to have any guns there.
never brandish a gun, if you use a gun expect to go to jail. (right or wrong go to jail).
ca does not allow other states ccw permits. it is hard for us living here to get a permit.
also some pistols are a crime to have, (not on the "safe" hand gun list).

2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/19 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ski Pro 3 wrote:

You wanna know what to do? Start with exercising your constitutional right of keeping your mouth shut when it comes to your firearms. No officer is going to ask and unless it's in sight, no officer is going to have cause to search. Unless you give permission, the gun will remain undiscovered...

There is getting in trouble, and there is seeking trouble. I am not in a public forum advocating breaking the law. However there are times it is just better to keep your mouth shut and don't do anything to invite trouble. Don't break the traffic laws to cause an encounter with a LEO. And if you do, don't go asking them about the gun you have stashed in the trunk or wherever. Don't give them permission to search your vehicle, and don't give them any reason to search your vehicle - such as having something illegal in plain sight.

California is a gun-hater state. Setting the legal aspects aside, don't go and carry the gun. One unintentional flash of the gun and someone may get all hysterical and call the police because they are scared. Now you are greeted with guns drawn and a felony take-down.

Don't invite trouble and it is unlikely trouble will find you.

Or do what I do....make every effort to avoid California.

-Eric

Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/19 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All you folks avoiding California must be doing something right because California is the 2nd most popular state for foreign travel (New York) and the most popular for internal travel. Keep on staying away!

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/19 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lived here all my life. Never been asked if I had a firearm during a traffic stop. Also never been backed into a corner by thugs or anybody else except maybe my significant other and that wasn't out of anger. [emoticon]

Be smart. Don't show it off, don't try to put it on your body unless in a legal shooting area, don't have more than 10 round magazines or clips.

And really, why question whether the ammo can be stored with the gun? Just don't put it in the same case and go on with your day.

I think the whole idea of the storage requirements are to hopefully give a hothead enough of a delay that they might actually pause and reconsider what they are about to do.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/19 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

All you folks avoiding California must be doing something right because California is the 2nd most popular state for foreign travel (New York) and the most popular for internal travel. Keep on staying away!

Yep, I think people are rushing there to watch the homeless people **** all over the sidewalks, so many nicer places to go.
Jay D.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/19 10:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

Yep, I think people are rushing there to watch the homeless people **** all over the sidewalks, so many nicer places to go.
Jay D.

Oh that's reality...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> California Firearm Compliance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS