|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic RM2652 not cooling

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Travelin2

SW Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/19 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Will do JK. I did remove it and blew it out. looking through it looks good. I could see the ruby in there. I did not pay attention to the number.

John & Gloria
South West, Florida
1988 Mallard Sprinter 220RK
2013 Avalanche LTZ 4x4

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/19 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John you have done a very thorough job investigating, cleaning and documenting the problem. You know your cooling unit is fine because it cools on AC. Your flue is clean with a new baffle and you adjusted the propane pressure. The only thing left is the orifice and the burner tube. John Wilson already spoke about the orifice. The last thing to check is the slots in the burner tube. Is it the original one? I know on mine after about 17 years and multiple cleanings with a wire brush the slots became wide allowing more air to the propane mixture. Does the flame flicker at all? Try covering one of the slots with a screw driver tip does the flame get any brighter?

Travelin2

SW Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/19 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well fellas, I want to thank you all for staying with me and wading through this dilemma with me. When JKWilson said to check the orifice to make sure it was the proper size, I went right out and checked it and it was the proper one he mentioned and that was it, I called it a game and went to town and bought a new one. It's still sitting in my truck and I will unload it in the morning. I think I am close to a solution for melted ice cream and am looking forward to some cold brewskies at camp.

jkwilson

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry you had to take the kick in the wallet. I’d guess with all you’ve done you’d have shaken out the problem if it was repairable. Only guess left is a cracked weld for the flue pipe which means a new cooling unit anyway.

John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Travelin2

SW Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John,

I would have replaced just the cooling unit but the inside of the refrigerator was all yellowed. We thought it was due to the previous owner using some type of cleaner that discolored it but one of the professional guys that work on these and help us out here on the forum,Chris Bryant, responded that the yellowed plastic liner is a sign that the ammonia has leaked into that compartment. If only I would have mentioned that earlier, it would have saved me lots of work. Because of the yellowing we decided to buy a complete unit. One really good part of this rigamarole that I went through, I discovered that the gas pressure was only 9.8 inches of water column. I turned it up to 11 inches and now the cook stove lights off much better. The extra pressure is evidently making the gas get to the sparker quicker.

Here is a link to the discussion that led to Chris figuring out the clue to reason for all my headaches...
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea........d/tid/29836674/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

* This post was edited 02/09/19 02:06pm by Travelin2 *

jkwilson

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gaining an understanding of all this stuff is invaluable. I hate to spend money when I don’t need to, but it seems like you needed to and made sure of it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic RM2652 not cooling
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS