|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> A drone while camping

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev
Sponsored By:
azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/20 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

I thought about using a drone on very remote BLM land to check the rough road conditions ahead and look for suitable campsites. Also can check just before dark if other critters have set up camp close to me, etc. I go to very remote locations for true peace and quiet and privacy off the grid when in the mood. However changed my mind when I learned all the drones were made in spying China so no longer interested. Like always go to higher ground and survey area with binoculars. Works for me.

If drones become too numerous and intrusive of our privacy many people will start wearing disguises with brim hats to thwart facial recognition software. Just musing
Guess where your cell phone was made?

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you think drones are bad wait till people get their own Jet packs
[emoticon]

https://youtu.be/b3k94u0JqB0

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

I thought about using a drone on very remote BLM land to check the rough road conditions ahead and look for suitable campsites. Also can check just before dark if other critters have set up camp close to me, etc. I go to very remote locations for true peace and quiet and privacy off the grid when in the mood. However changed my mind when I learned all the drones were made in spying China so no longer interested. Like always go to higher ground and survey area with binoculars. Works for me.

If drones become too numerous and intrusive of our privacy many people will start wearing disguises with brim hats to thwart facial recognition software. Just musing

Skynet is real,,be afraid LOL

https://youtu.be/CLo3e1Pak-Y

Seriously tho, law abiding people need not fear this,criminals will have no place to hide,good thing imo

What matters is the end result such as elimination of poverty and improving economy in this case
https://youtu.be/SSfsvaDS5zU

Btw Google and NSA and CIA is spying on all of us already if you didnt know

* This post was last edited 11/27/20 09:32pm by free radical *   View edit history

FlashBuddy

Fort Collins Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Phantom 4 Pro, never flown over a campground, but have spied on all my neighbors here in English Ranch - take a look!

[image]

I've heard great things about the Mavic, and Costco has those and the Mavic Mini, which also takes amazings video and stills.

For RVing, I think smaller would be better for storage and ease of setup. My setup takes some time so becomes a limiter - I don't fly it much.

The CSU Hughes Stadium was torn down since the university built its new stadium. So sad, here it is a couple months before it disappeared forever.

[image]

I haven't tried scouting out potential off grid campsites yet and wonder how feasible that would be.

I learned early on with my neighbors, letting them see the screen together with me as I fly alleviated all the 'spy' considerations they have. It just isn't possible [emoticon]

FWIW, I'm licensed by the FAA and the drone, of course, is registered. When you shoot it down, look for my business card in the battery compartment and give me a call [emoticon]

2018 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel Lariat Super Crew 4X4
Grand Design Reflection 295RL
Jan Baby the Wife & Molly the Dog

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Guess where your cell phone was made?"

I have a Finland owned nokia phone and according to Nokia their phones are made in many different countries besides China. I enjoy avoiding buying chinese ________ as much as possible as I am retired on full vet disability for many years now and have time to carefully shop. All my old electronic stuff works just fine for me and therefore no need to buy new overpriced ________. Thank you for this opportunity. Captain Happy.

* This post was last edited 11/28/20 04:04pm by NamMedevac 70 *   View edit history

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

"Guess where your cell phone was made?"

I have a Finland owned nokia phone and according to Nokia their phones are made in many different countries besides China. I enjoy avoiding buying chinese ________ as much as possible as I am retired on full vet disability for many years now and have time to carefully shop. All my old electronic stuff works just fine for me and therefore no need to buy new overpriced ________. Thank you for this opportunity. Captain Happy.

I only care about good price

Got lucky to find Blackberry few years back for 120$ on Amazon.

Alegedly its made in Mexico bc BB company was concerned about China stealing BB OS code

Make no sense since chinese Huawei is also very secure system imposible to crack or hack.

https://youtu.be/IfxfdHJ3k9Y

I think Main reason our Gov doesnt want it here is the Goverment couldnt spy on us LOL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> A drone while camping
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.