RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Grand Design Solitude vs Solitude s class

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Grand Design Solitude vs Solitude s class

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
sbell2003

FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/19 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the difference? I am having no luck searching this on the Grand Design website.

2019 KZ Durango Gold 356RLT
2018 RAM 3500 Dually

pyoung47

MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/19 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New one on me. Here is the description from a dealer's site:

Welcome home to the most spacious extended stay fifth wheel by Grand Design. The Solitude S-Class will have you relaxing as if you were truly home! Each model is built 101-inches wide on a drop frame chassis with 5-side aluminum cage construction, plus provides interior features such as hardwood cabinet doors, a professional grade stainless steel cooktop with built-in oven, and recessed ceiling lighting, plus an oversized kitchen pantry to name a few.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can not definitivly say but looking at the "Build and price" button on the website, it appears all new Solitude models now are "S" models with the wider body and a list of mandatory features. The new catalog makes it appear that they dont offer Solitude models in a stripped down version.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would say the difference is 5 inches (101 vs 96), but even the regular Solitudes according to their website have widebody construction.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/19 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sbell2003 wrote:

What is the difference? I am having no luck searching this on the Grand Design website.

I think it's just a lower level unit, kind of like Cedar Creek and the Cedar Creek Silverback.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/19 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

sbell2003 wrote:

I think it's just a lower level unit, kind of like Cedar Creek and the Cedar Creek Silverback.

Dan

This ^^. The S Class is still in the Solitude line but lacks a few of the bells and whistles of the regular Solitudes (not all of which are S Class as stated by one poster). They are still a notch above the Reflection fifth wheels in size and amenities. You can ask this and other questions and get good answers over on the Grand Design Owners Forum:

GD Owners Forum

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MOR/ryde independent suspension, disc brakes, LR G tires
2020 Solitude 310GK-R on order (with MORryde IS)
PullRite OE 18K, Demco Glide Ride pin box
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/19 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Second Chance wrote:

Hammerboy wrote:

sbell2003 wrote:

Dan

This ^^. The S Class is still in the Solitude line but lacks a few of the bells and whistles of the regular Solitudes (not all of which are S Class as stated by one poster). They are still a notch above the Reflection fifth wheels in size and amenities. You can ask this and other questions and get good answers over on the Grand Design Owners Forum:

GD Owners Forum

Rob

Likely so in past years, but the GD website now shows the S series upgrades as mandatory on ALL new Solitude models.

gmcsmoke

Butler

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/19 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

there's no much of a difference, for instance even though their site shows a camper fridge in the s-class a residential can still be ordered.

I think if purchasing from a dealer a reduced price and options can be had but if ordering you can get a "solitude" in more floor plans. for example we love the bunk model s class, but add a residential fridge and it's the same as a regular solitude.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/19 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a chance to look at various GD's at a local dealer. They had only one Solitude S. It was pretty apparent to me that the S was the tweener between Reflection and Solitude. Still very nice. Few things the regular Solitude had that the S doesn't, including Generator prep and the quality just seemed higher in the regular solitude
I also checked out Forest River Cardinals and Cedar Creeks, and IMHO they do not hold a candle to the GD line. The Solitude for sure is head and shoulders above in my opinion.

Mike

sbell2003

FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/19 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the response.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Grand Design Solitude vs Solitude s class
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS