RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Florida RV parks

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have friends in Raintree as we speak and I can tell you it is a very nice park. Very clean and well kept up. Most people in there are long term winter snowbirds but they do have pads for short term also.

Central Lake RV'er

Central Lake Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Checked out a couple of Army Corps sites...great places, especially the W.P. Franklin North, but they were all full. It was a struggle to find something decent for just 2 days in Ft. Myers at an affordable price, but we finally did. Well, not real affordable, but ok. So we're all set for most of our time in Florida, after March 5 we're going to consider our options and may head for south Georgia, depending on the weather and our interest in driving over there. Now I'm looking at roadside assistance, but thinking that's something we really can't afford. Getting everything checked out, buying two more tires, before we go, and hubby has his toolbox and knows how to use it...so...

charming

Myrtle Beach

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/19 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know many of your reservation problems are because of the popularity of Florida in winter. I lost out on the perfect spot for two nights in late April that I didn't grab the minute I saw it. It looks like the alternative I found is even better, Stephen Foster SP. Something interesting to see and do and not off our route.

My thoughts are about how many moves you're making in a short period of time. I hope you have time to stop and smell the roses. Have a great shake down trip.

Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

Central Lake RV'er

Central Lake Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got a great deal on the Good Sam roadside assistance for a year, then they threw another deal at me for the membership. $74 for all...so I'm hoping we're all set now...and hoping we don't need the roadside assistance...

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/19 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Central Lake RV'er wrote:

I got a great deal on the Good Sam roadside assistance for a year, then they threw another deal at me for the membership. $74 for all...so I'm hoping we're all set now...and hoping we don't need the roadside assistance...

I hope you’re all set too..... I thought the same way, then got left on the side of the interstate for hours in a snow storm while all the tow operators were responding to customers willing to pay full pop, not the discounted rates the roadside assistance operators pay.

Central Lake RV'er

Central Lake Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/19 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's hope not. We aren't planning on traveling in any snow storms.

retispcsi

Where we stop

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/19 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well here is some insight. We are fulltime and Fla. residents. If Fla. travel is in the cards for you next winter plan earlier. We live in a resort in SW Fla during the winters now and travel north in the summer. Prior we would come into Fla. in the fall and go down either coast and exit in May on the opposite side. I-75 vs. I-95. We stayed mostly at State Parks or COE parks. Being residents and seniors state parks are half price. With the Senior pass COE parks and Fed parks are half price. Also look at Passport America and Escapees memberships for discounts. the only thing is you need to plan early.Fla reservations open up 11 mo to the day at 8am. EST for reservation and most of the popular parks book out fast. We still travel during the season to events in state and book state parks. We just plan early. In south Ga. check out Crooked River State park in St. Marys Ga. The areas around the Ga. coast are nice also. Good luck.

2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS