|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> Phoenix Cruiser

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
gmctoyman

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone here had dealings with Phoenix Cruiser since the ownership changes ? I’d be interested in knowing how it went ? Do they present the same values & responsiveness as old ? Contact me by PM if you would feel more comfortable.

Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Willow13

The Valley of the Sun

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased used from Phoenix. We returned for a service issue. The guys in the back know their stuff - Jeff diagnosed the problem immediately, took care of the problem and a few upgrade requests and had us back on the road in a very timely manner. We felt their service fees were reasonable. Overall a very positive experience. This is our second Phoenix Cruiser. We did have prior experience with Kermit and Earl. From our experience, I would say it's different - but the same.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/19 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought "Bob" our 2017 2100 in March of 2017 and less than a year later they changed ownership. Immediately felt a huge lump in my throat. But for not! The change over was very well handled and the service and workmanship is still the top of the line.
We had a cabinet latch break in June of 2018, after the year warranty. Dave Ponsler, I believe, sent me latches, more than the one I needed, at no charge. And apologized for the inconvenience.
We did meet one of the owners, Jim Byrnes at the Duluth Reunion/Rally, and he was very nice and interested in what we had to say.
But in answer to your question I would have to say: there have been improvements in general and additional options available. As anything else the prices have increased. They will listen to you and take of everything you might need. Can't say enough good things about them.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

But in answer to your question I would have to say: there have been improvements in general and additional options available. As anything else the prices have increased. They will listen to you and take of everything you might need. Can't say enough good things about them.

Double ditto!

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

TheLuvShack

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2012 Model 3100 and love it! Service before and after the change in ownership has been excellent. Prices have gone up but that's a common trend among all manufacturers.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/19 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi again Dave,

Just to say publicly that Irene and I bought our Phoenix Cruiser (special ordered for us) brand new in 2007. That is coming up on 12 years now. It has been a real joy to have our rig all these years.....and we are just getting started.

I am active on the Phoenix Cruiser forum HERE where owners share a lot about their PC experience. As with any motor home, not every unit is 100% perfect, nor does it stay that way. There is the occasional disappointment. But defects are few and are far most often related to supplier parts and appliances. Regarding the house itself, complaints over the design, materials, and workmanship is almost unheard of.

Aside from that, it's the company behind the product that sets it apart from the pack. They don't just direct you to their suppliers. Throughout the warranty period and even beyond, they assist you through things gone wrong. If they are not able to help directly, they get you connected to the right people for real solutions. Even today, us owners of older PCs get excellent customer service.

Don't get hung up that Phoenix does not have local representation where you live because they are so much better than local representation. They have your back, not the shop's back.

The company was sold about 1.5 years ago from a single private owner (and founder) to two private owners who are just as entrenched in the company as the original owner was. The company transitioned well considering the challenges and changes during a company hand-over. The few bumps in that road have since been smoothed out extremely well. FWIW, I have endorsed the company since June 2007 to this very day.

Like everything else in life, there is no guarantee that you will have a perfect experience owning a new to a well used Phoenix Cruiser. But you have a dang good chance of having a great one.

* This post was last edited 02/02/19 08:38am by ron.dittmer *   View edit history

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/19 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

garmp wrote:

Double ditto!

Question : On their website they say they cannot sell their Motorhomes into Canada. Is this a new thing or does it affect other major manufacturers? Pretty hard on a small company

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

magnusfide wrote:

garmp wrote:

Double ditto!

Question : On their website they say they cannot sell their Motorhomes into Canada. Is this a new thing or does it affect other major manufacturers? Pretty hard on a small company

A problem going both ways. If the company does not want to do the paper work to certify everything they cannot ship across the border until they are a certain age and even then they may be disallowed.

2011 Majestic 19G
2017 Ford Transit (conversion underway)
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
Border Collie Guard Dog

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/19 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Photomike wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

magnusfide wrote:

garmp wrote:

Double ditto!

A problem going both ways. If the company does not want to do the paper work to certify everything they cannot ship across the border until they are a certain age and even then they may be disallowed.

Which in a way makes you like an Australian manufacturer who can only sell in Australia. There are exceptions for ones who want to sell in New Zealand, but a price variable can be a problem

kgb6days

Salisbury NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/19 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DH and I pick up our new 2019 2552 Thursday 3/7/2019 and could not be more excited! In months and months of research DH felt Phoenix Cruiser was an excellent option. We were making plans to go to Elkhart to the factory to meet them and get one placed on order when lo and behold we discovered Campers Inn RV would be selling them from now on exclusively. We traveled 3 hours away from home to just look at three of them on a lot so we could see the floor plans up close and personal. Long story short, after falling in love we put a deposit on the 2552. We've been to a lot of RV shows looking at Class C & B+ for a future purchase. After walking around in the PC we could see a huge difference in quality of workmanship. We've watched hours of video on the build of these with Earl and were already impressed, but they appear to be solid and well built. We've been trying to get registered onto the PC Forum, but after 3 attempts we've nearly given up. I don't know if no one is monitoring there to send us out a email so we can finalize the 'joining' process but I've used up all 3 emails trying to get registered.

kgb6days
2002 Pace Arrow 37A

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> Phoenix Cruiser
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS