|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> easy place to get gas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Danford50

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/19 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 30 ft rv just wondering were is the best place to get gas at a regular store or a truck stop, looking for the easy place to stop and avoiding any problems.

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 02:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Truck stops can be roomier for gasoline requirements, but they're also sometimes more expensive than gas stations. It varies from place to place. Some truck stops have "RV Islands" that are easier for larger rigs - usually located closer to the non-commercial pumps.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) N24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I look for the larger gas stations usually located near the offramps along the interstates. These will have multiple islands and wide driveways.

The main thing to be aware of is the height of your Class C. You don't want to pull under a 10ft high overhead if your RV is 12 feet high.

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/19 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look for Flying J truck stops. These travel plazas have separate RV islands for lengthy RV's. Download the Pilot/Flying J app to find locations along your way. Prices generally competitive. You can also buy a GoodSam membership that will save you 5 cents per gallon at Flying J. Well worth the annual fee.

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/19 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use a lot of Walmarts, or whatever. 30' Class A with toad, never had any problem. Well, once a car pulled up and blocked my exit while the drivers went in for a hamburger. I just blocked three pumps, and DW and I fixed and ate lunch. I did go inside to the fuel desk, and told them that I could not move until they went and got the other to move. Not my problem. Apparently the fuel desk did not consider it a problem either.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and a grouchy, old, tiny dog

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/19 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When driving down the road I look for the exits that have the most gas stations figuring that one of them would be suitable. The ones that have the lanes parallel to the road are the easiest to get into and out of.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 02:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 31ft class c and a motorcycle carrier on the back which makes us about 35ft. While traveling we will use Loves, flying j, etc... Easy on and off the highway and roomy, at home, we scoped out a local station that will accomodate us and is also close to our house

Proud father of a US Marine

tobydad

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dick_B wrote:

When driving down the road I look for the exits that have the most gas stations figuring that one of them would be suitable. The ones that have the lanes parallel to the road are the easiest to get into and out of.

I drive a 32 footer with car behind-as Dick B. said pump islands parallel to the road are a must. Many times I have driven by stations with the islands facing the station knowing that it is almost impossible to have enough room to swing out after gassing up.

GGoodsell

Lincoln, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I previously had a 33 foot class A towing my CRV and currently have a 28 foot class C towing the same car. I have a local station for fuel near home and while traveling I look for suitable stations while out sightseeing in the towd when I need to refuel. I have, on occasion, left the CRV at the park while I take the motorhome for fuel, then return, hook up, and get on our way. A little planning and there should be no problems.

gmctoyman

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a 36’ Foretravel towing a Jeep, my favorite was Walmart due to the price. It carried 180gal of diesel.

Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> easy place to get gas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS