RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Sad Development At Cedar Creek!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sad Development At Cedar Creek!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
southernsky

Ponchatoula La.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The norm for Forest River products and support. Had three from top of the line to weekender same after the sale support. Never will own one again

2011 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab 6.7 CTD 4X4
2016 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
PullRite SuperGlide 5th Airborne

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just slightly off topic but TrailManor used to have superb customer service. There was one guy that handled all the calls and he tried very hard to please the owners. They made a well engineered and built foldup trailer.
Anyone seen or heard from TrailManor lately?

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

MPI_Mallard

Morpeth Ontario,St. Cloud Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well they finally called me today and had no idea how to pull the fridge,,, I get that with things winding down the company wants to tighten up their collective boot-straps but I believe that excellent customer service when times get bad are what can keep sales up but I'm no wizz-bang like warren buffet so after this I guess I'll be keeping my 07' as there's no point in spending a lot of money on a fair weather outfit,,, good bye cedar Creek,, nice knowin' ya'

Red Green: Every mall has three things the same:
clothes, stores and benches for the husbands
to sit on.

07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Ozlander

Rose Hill, Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"My friend has had his back to the factory 3 times and once they sent Lippert to his house to rebuild all his brakes due to leaking grease seals, ultimately solved by a 4th trip to the factory and totally replacing both axles with Dexter."

Having to go back to the Grand Design factory 4 times to GOOD???

Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

lenr

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a real world trend unfortunately. Six years ago even some of the less expensive Forest River brands were easy to get repair--they now seem to be tightening up. Big test will be if the August Rally at Goshen, IN where anything/everything Forest River gets repaired for free gets cancelled. When it first started there was no age limit, but recently they limited free repair to units less than five years old.

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

southernsky wrote:

The norm for Forest River products and support. Had three from top of the line to weekender same after the sale support. Never will own one again

Probably depends on the division. We own a 2017 (new in spring 2016) Forest River Wildcat and I cannot say anything bad as they have been very good to us. I had a delamination issue with our floor and walls (turned out to be a glue issue) and they replaced our fifth wheel with a new one. I never expected to see that as what I read online where cut and patch repairs as being the norm. They even added a second AC unit on our replacement at no cost to us plus the replacement included a outside fridge which our old one did not. I brought in for a second time when the colored striping on the awning started to come off (awning was fine, just losing the color) and a couple emails with pictures and I had that replaced as well.

With that being said we had a very good dealer that help get things done along with I told the dealer I would rather bring our unit to the factory for delamination repairs as I only live a couple hours away.

Just because one may have a bad experience doesn't mean everyone will. Just give it time and I'll bet even the Godly Grand Designs service will not be what it once was.

Dan

2013 Chevy crew 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/19 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No offense to the op, but I could never see myself complaining about the factory not telling me how to remove a refrigerator on a 12 year old unit, or not selling me things that are sold elsewhere.
As others have stated, you need to find a good mobile rv tech, or dealer, if you can't make the repairs yourself.

Bemota

Bemidji, Minn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/19 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an ‘18 CC 34rl2 bought Sept ‘17, 600 miles the fenders broke and almost fell off, that was the beginning of nonstop things, broke window hardware, water pump problems, falling apart drawer slides/latches, cracked/broken door/drawer faces, fireplace not working when furnace is running all in the first 6 mos.
Buying local, service local is fine if you only do weekends or a month at a time and can get by. Buying in Mn and need service in Ok, Tx, Nm, Az, Ne, Ks or Sd, my advice is have a good supply duck tape, baling wire, assortment of screws, nut ‘ bolts. And when you stop for a few days always, ALWAYS do so close to a Home Despert/Lowe’s. The littney from dealers for warranty work is: Bring it in, we’ll document and take pictures, we’ll submit to Forest River/CC, when they approve bring it back and we’ll measure/check part nos. and place order, when parts come in we’ll call and make an appointment to get you in, but since you didn’t buy here it might take weeks to get you in: . I have a list of 6 dealers that never called me, I can’t believe all 6 went out of business or died! Your favorite rv repair men can’t do much when Forest River/CC won’t answer their phone, text, e-mail or Fax?!!!!!
I’m traveling again and have enough tools with to fix most everything. Hoping pretty soon this pos will be going down the road behind some-one else’s truck, then I can get back to traveling and seeing the country. Done. The Stealer had it for 9 weeks through the summer and got most of our tablet sheet of things fixed just in time for the warranty to run out, go figure!!!!!

* This post was edited 02/03/19 06:35pm by Bemota *

2015 Dodge Ram Big Horn 2500HD Cummins
2011 Keystone Cougar 326MKS
Navy CPO Retired, Jan (DW), and Ziggy (Cat)

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bemota wrote:

I have an ‘18 CC 34rl2 bought Sept ‘17, 600 miles the fenders broke and almost fell off, that was the beginning of nonstop things, broke window hardware, water pump problems, falling apart drawer slides/latches, cracked/broken door/drawer faces, fireplace not working when furnace is running all in the first 6 mos.
Buying local, service local is fine if you only do weekends or a month at a time and can get by. Buying in Mn and need service in Ok, Tx, Nm, Az, Ne, Ks or Sd, my advice is have a good supply duck tape, baling wire, assortment of screws, nut ‘ bolts. And when you stop for a few days always, ALWAYS do so close to a Home Despert/Lowe’s. The littney from dealers for warranty work is: Bring it in, we’ll document and take pictures, we’ll submit to Forest River/CC, when they approve bring it back and we’ll measure/check part nos. and place order, when parts come in we’ll call and make an appointment to get you in, but since you didn’t buy here it might take weeks to get you in: . I have a list of 6 dealers that never called me, I can’t believe all 6 went out of business or died! Your favorite rv repair men can’t do much when Forest River/CC won’t answer their phone, text, e-mail or Fax?!!!!!
I’m traveling again and have enough tools with to fix most everything. Hoping pretty soon this pos will be going down the road behind some-one else’s truck, then I can get back to traveling and seeing the country. Done. The Stealer had it for 9 weeks through the summer and got most of our tablet sheet of things fixed just in time for the warranty to run out, go figure!!!!!

They know that people have little choice.

RV

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/19 10:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had great service with my Cedar Creek. Front cap was fading and I got an approval from the factory to have it painted in just 3 days. It was also out of warranty by about a year and a half. This was done last fall.

B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sad Development At Cedar Creek!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS