RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Sad Development At Cedar Creek!

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Sad Development At Cedar Creek!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ACZL

UPstate,NY

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/05/19 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quantity before quality.


2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, SB, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/05/19 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's an adage in program management, it needs to be good enough.

Make it too good, and lose business.

Make it not good enough, and lose business.

Confounding business today is the ultra low interest rates leading to customers just buying.

This saddens me with CC, because they were at the top of my list. Co-Worker recently looked at their product, and said there was an obvious cheapening of the brand.

ACZL

UPstate,NY

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/06/19 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

There's an adage in program management, it needs to be good enough.

Make it too good, and lose business.

Make it not good enough, and lose business.

Confounding business today is the ultra low interest rates leading to customers just buying.

This saddens me with CC, because they were at the top of my list. Co-Worker recently looked at their product, and said there was an obvious cheapening of the brand.


Here is a saying that someone wrote and on our fridge which goes along with your quote:

"Good enough isn't good enough if it can be better and better isn't good enough if it can be best".

philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/07/19 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

Here is a saying that someone wrote and on our fridge which goes along with your quote:

"Good enough isn't good enough if it can be better and better isn't good enough if it can be best".


How many times have people asked, "what is the best quality RV?", which is immediately followed by, "That brand costs too much".

IMO, Cedar Creek is a pseudo premium brand, and got more money for their product. It happened to be on my short list. Just looked at them last night at the Novi MI show, and the visual quality is way down, it is very obvious. My guesstimate, they are 10k in higher cost then their competitors... for what appears to be the same apparent quality.

97FLHTCUI

Austin, Texas

New Member

Joined: 10/26/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/07/19 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

was at the frog rally in Aug 2018 and during the factory tour all the rep talked about is price point and said they were going more and more with chinese goods. i told them i want quality and will pay more for it. they stopped putting fiberglass rear caps on cedar creek and cardinal. look at the electronics they use now. no longer giving service at rally unless 2 yrs or less. as far as dealership servicing your rig, they couldnt punch there way out of a paperbag.

Ralph Cramden

US

Senior Member

Joined: 06/14/2017

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/08/19 03:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

97FLHTCUI wrote:

was at the frog rally in Aug 2018 and during the factory tour all the rep talked about is price point and said they were going more and more with chinese goods. i told them i want quality and will pay more for it. they stopped putting fiberglass rear caps on cedar creek and cardinal. look at the electronics they use now. no longer giving service at rally unless 2 yrs or less. as far as dealership servicing your rig, they couldnt punch there way out of a paperbag.


As if they were not crammed full of imported garbage previously? I have never seen electronics in an RV that could be considered Audiophile grade or win best of show? Maybe in a Prevost or something. For at least the last 10 years or so you were going to get Concertone, ASA/Jensen, and more recently IRV or the new total junk award winner Furrion, a partner of Lippert. One thing for sure, and that is if it it says or is associated with Lippert and has a wire, its going to fail at some point and replacing or repairing it is going to cost dearly. It's their MO.


I bet the Forest River Kool Aid drinkers at the Frog Rally were upping the Arsenic content in the punchbowl when they announced that 2 year policy? Good for Forest River. At the one we attended a few years back there were so many freeloaders expecting their 10 year old rigs to be repaired gratis, in a lot of cases due to damage they caused themselves, that it was enough to almost make one want to stick their finger down their throat and blow chunks. It was loads of fun watching them load their plates to overflowing at the sponsored dinners, then get on the forum afterwards and B&M about the food LOL.

* This post was last edited 02/08/19 06:25am by Ralph Cramden *   View edit history

garyp4951

TN

Senior Member

Joined: 12/06/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/08/19 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dang, wish I hadn't read this before breakfast.

topjimmy

Washington Coast

Senior Member

Joined: 06/19/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/08/19 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep it's a Shame My 3 Montana's have always come with Sony or Samsung Tv's and Surround sound My 2015 Monty is Really good quality Sony stuff same with the standard rear cap and Mor-ryde-re4000 susp Pin Box etc.. I use to give my buddy With a Grand Design Guff for not having this good stuff.. Not Any More now Montana and everybody else all have the same lame stuff trying to save Cash ,I will just keep my 2015 Monty Thanx
Ralph Cramden wrote:

97FLHTCUI wrote:

was at the frog rally in Aug 2018 and during the factory tour all the rep talked about is price point and said they were going more and more with chinese goods. i told them i want quality and will pay more for it. they stopped putting fiberglass rear caps on cedar creek and cardinal. look at the electronics they use now. no longer giving service at rally unless 2 yrs or less. as far as dealership servicing your rig, they couldnt punch there way out of a paperbag.


As if they were not crammed full of imported garbage previously? I have never seen electronics in an RV that could be considered Audiophile grade or win best of show? Maybe in a Prevost or something. For at least the last 10 years or so you were going to get Concertone, ASA/Jensen, and more recently IRV or the new total junk award winner Furrion, a partner of Lippert. One thing for sure, and that is if it it says or is associated with Lippert and has a wire, its going to fail at some point and replacing or repairing it is going to cost dearly. It's their MO.


I bet the Forest River Kool Aid drinkers at the Frog Rally were upping the Arsenic content in the punchbowl when they announced that 2 year policy? Good for Forest River. At the one we attended a few years back there were so many freeloaders expecting their 10 year old rigs to be repaired gratis, in a lot of cases due to damage they caused themselves, that it was enough to almost make one want to stick their finger down their throat and blow chunks. It was loads of fun watching them load their plates to overflowing at the sponsored dinners, then get on the forum afterwards and B&M about the food LOL.



2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 GMC 3500 LBZ Duramax Dually

MPI_Mallard

Morpeth Ontario,St. Cloud Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 12/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/09/19 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyp4951 wrote:

No offense to the op, but I could never see myself complaining about the factory not telling me how to remove a refrigerator on a 12 year old unit, or not selling me things that are sold elsewhere.
As others have stated, you need to find a good mobile rv tech, or dealer, if you can't make the repairs yourself.


Actually Gary I do most repairs/maintenance myself and here in Florida finding a good "on-site" RV tech is impossible period! One of the great things about owning a Cedar Creek was the after-the-sale support I got which translates into dollars and grief saved in the long run, my buddy next door has an electrical issue with his coach and can't find anyone here that can do diagnostics just replacement artists! My fiver' costed over $90+K which isn't chicken feed and asking the proper way to remove a heavy refrigerator out of a cabinet 18" above the floor against a wall was not a big ask but warren and the big-wigs figured out that we customers don't need that support when we can simply buy a new rig,,,

Red Green: Be generous with the duct tape, you
know; spare the duct tape, spoil the job.


07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Bl├╝cher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Sad Development At Cedar Creek!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS