|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Dish antenna ideas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the times it does not work no biggie to us as we always have MANY hours of programming in the DVR. Then when we have the signal we stream the shows we missed.

NOT worth setting up the portable Dish especially the one that is trying to hit three satellites and HD.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

REWahoo

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Dish Playmaker and Wally receiver that have worked well for us. Unfortunately we're not in a position to get any use out of them any longer. Any ideas where I might list them for sale other than Craigslist?

2011 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Duramax 4x4
2007 Jayco Eagle 291RLTS (trade in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS

neal10a

Madison CT

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dish has an eastern and western arc satellite birds. Get an automatic unit that is capable of getting either arc with selectable dip switch settings. That way if either arc is obscured the other may be available. Also that provide the ability to pick up one of the six birds which improves your ability to get some if not all channels.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Super_Dave wrote:

I use DirecTV so it's always the dish on a tripod. For the times that I'm not by trees, I wish I could secure it to the roof.

You can do both. Sure is nice to open door and hit the on button for the roof top sat and go about your business. WELL worth the $$$.

You get really good at eye balling the site to determine if the roof top dish will work.

I have to admit it, it is nice to just sit back and relax to get a signal. Whenever I have to deal with a portable, it just adds to the ever growing list of things to do once arriving at a site. Did I say LONG list!!!

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

Dan Henry

Caddo Mills, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had the same Dish Traveler Auto antenat. For about 6 or 7 years on 2 different 5 th wheel trailers and have only had less than 6 times it did not work. I have a reg dis on a tripod for these times , I have had the dish 300 ft from the Triialer to get out of the trees.
But we do not bodock or. Stay in state parks very offen

Bob/Olallawa

Kitsap Co, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/19 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The longer the list of things to do the more breaks should be included. Make the wife prioritize the list, If you don't get them all done there is always tomorrow.

Welcome to my home, that door you just broke down was there for your protection not mine.

ljr

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/19 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan Henry wrote:

I have had the same Dish Traveler Auto antenat. For about 6 or 7 years on 2 different 5 th wheel trailers and have only had less than 6 times it did not work. I have a reg dis on a tripod for these times , I have had the dish 300 ft from the Triialer to get out of the trees.
But we do not bodock or. Stay in state parks very offen

I too have a Traveler. As I said in an earlier post I wish I stayed with the portable. Mostly not due to obstacles but to lack of Eastern Arc support. Depending on one’s travel and viewing habits that may be totally irrelevant.

Larry

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/19 01:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

REWahoo wrote:

I have a Dish Playmaker and Wally receiver that have worked well for us. Unfortunately we're not in a position to get any use out of them any longer. Any ideas where I might list them for sale other than Craigslist?

If you mean location, then see if you can do this update, newer models can be updated to receive both eastern and western satellites. update

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Dish antenna ideas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS