|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 120 not working on some outlets

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
acramer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 1995 Newmar Country Star with 22000 miles.. I am the original owner. My 120 plug for my refrig was not working so I used an extension code to plug it into my outlet outside near the frig. Everything worked ok. So I couldnt find why the plug inside the frig vent wasnt working. So I thought maybe the plug was bad. So I replaced the plug. The plug had 2 power lines connected to it. Now a lot of my 120 plugs wont work including the plug outside I used to initially make the frig work on 120. I have checked the circuit breaker both times when I only had the frig plug not working and then again when most plugs wernt working. Are then any other circuit breakers or fuses for the 120 circuit? Anybody know what might be wrong now? thanks...

Allan Cramer

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have turned the breakers off and back on, and have verified 120VAC present I would start replacing those cheezy push on rwceptacles with real household ones. Get your VOM out, prove 120vac on the output side of the breakers. Then start taking the receptacles out one at a time and prove 120VAC at the wires.

acramer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did replace the one for the frig with a household one. The one that was there was a push on wires plug. As I said after that I have at least 6 plugs now that wont work including one that I used with an extention cord outside next to the frig to make the frig work. Most of the plugs that arent working are in the kitchen near the frig. Sounds like I have the whole circuit out. My circuit breaker in the back of the Rv none of them are tripped..

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

acramer wrote:

I did replace the one for the frig with a household one. The one that was there was a push on wires plug. As I said after that I have at least 6 plugs now that wont work including one that I used with an extention cord outside next to the frig to make the frig work. Most of the plugs that arent working are in the kitchen near the frig. Sounds like I have the whole circuit out. My circuit breaker in the back of the Rv none of them are tripped..

Check your GFI. Sounds like it has tripped

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/19 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too suspect a tripped GFCI.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/19 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be sure to check your GFCI OUTLETS that have the push buttons in the center that may have tripped on you...

[image]

This is usually what needs reset when just a few 120VAC outlets are not working. These type of outlets are usually close to where water may have be present like in the bath room or kitchen sink areas.... etc...

A lot of time additional outlets down stream from one of these will off as well...

Roy Ken
[image]

acramer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just checked and there are 6 outlets in the living area including kitchen with refrig and microwave. One outlet with a gfci. The gfci is not flipped. Strange thing is the microwave outlet in cupboard next to frig is OK as all the 2 outlets in the back area including bathroom and bedroom. One of those is a Gfci outlet. All 5 are not working in living area except as I said the microwave outlet in cupboard next to frig.

acramer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe Im not connecting wires on the new plug for refrig right... As I said i have 2 power cords connected. So what i did is use a new house hold plug and put the power cords white wire to top where it said white wire and then i took the black wire and put it on the other side on top. I then took the other power wire and did the same thing keeping both white wires on the same side and also the black wires on the opposite side.. I wrapped the copper ground over the other and attached it to the green screw on the plug.

Reisender

BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/19 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have an inverter? If so there may be a breaker on it serving some plugs.

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/19 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Considering that the breakers themselves are 24 years old, check those as well. They don't last forever.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 120 not working on some outlets
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS