|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Sprinter Class C 4x4 Conversion

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
CoeyCoey

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am looking at buying a Class C sprinter based RV, but I would really love 4 wheel drive as I wold like to do some winter RVing. I know about White Feather conversions, but the reviews are horrible. I was wondering if anyone knows of a company doing 4x4 conversions using the sprinter 4x4 components so it would be closer to a stock sprinter 4x4 than a complete custom job.

Thank you

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Off the top of my head 'Sportsmobile' and 'Outside Vans' did 4x4 build conversions, but I have no idea on the process on getting it done.

I use my RV all year long but limit the times to day trips and short overnighters so I can watch the weather.
As you already know, road salt takes it's toll on vehicles, avoid it if you can. Over the years I learned that potholes,frost heaves,the rv weight plus rust made a few parts go snap-n-pop.

I ran an outside hot water line off a winter valve in order to use an oscillating lawn sprinkler under the vehicles as a chassis wash. I try to wash off as much as possible.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get a Unimog

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

CoeyCoey

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Get a Unimog

Couldn’t afford the fuel[emoticon]

CoeyCoey

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

Off the top of my head 'Sportsmobile' and 'Outside Vans' did 4x4 build conversions, but I have no idea on the process on getting it done.

I use my RV all year long but limit the times to day trips and short overnighters so I can watch the weather.
As you already know, road salt takes it's toll on vehicles, avoid it if you can. Over the years I learned that potholes,frost heaves,the rv weight plus rust made a few parts go snap-n-pop.

I ran an outside hot water line off a winter valve in order to use an oscillating lawn sprinkler under the vehicles as a chassis wash. I try to wash off as much as possible.

Yeah, they only make the class B vans with factory 4x4. MB doesn’t offer a 4x4 chassis cab to class C builders.

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/19 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would check with Quigley.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

We have the IVECO Daily 4x4, that is a much cheaper" Unimog" and becoming popular with Van and Expedition builders BUT You do not get it in the US
[image]

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/19 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about a Winnebago Revel ?
It's a factory 4x4.

CoeyCoey

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/19 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1995brave wrote:

How about a Winnebago Revel ?
It's a factory 4x4.

Much much too small. I have three dogs and a cat, plus I like to take a lot of gear.

rjstractor

Auburn, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know how big you need or what your price range but here's a Gemini based on the Ford Transit with either diesel or gas. Add a Quigley 4x4 conversion and you're at around $100,000. I don't know if you are 100% set on a Sprinter, but the Transit is pretty comparable other than a 700 lb lower GVWR.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Sprinter Class C 4x4 Conversion
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS