|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Sprinter Class C 4x4 Conversion

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
CoeyCoey

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetWaterSurprise wrote:

I've got a Phoenix Cruiser that has the QuadVan 4X4 conversion. Handles great off road.

I have a Ford E-450 RV right now. Just hate the way it handles. The steering is so lose and sloppy compared to the Sprinters. I'd rather have a 2wd Sprinter than another Ford.

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CoeyCoey wrote:

I mean order a van and have them cutaway the back. Not cutaway meaning chassis cab.

I see what you're saying, but IIRC the vans are unibody and the cutaway models have a boxed frame of sorts. Sounds much easier to convert a cutaway to 4WD.

carringb

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CoeyCoey wrote:

I've got a Phoenix Cruiser that has the QuadVan 4X4 conversion. Handles great off road.

I have a Ford E-450 RV right now. Just hate the way it handles. The steering is so lose and sloppy compared to the Sprinters. I'd rather have a 2wd Sprinter than another Ford.

Fixing the E450's sloppy steering isn't difficult, just requires a good alignment shop, and possibly some larger sway bars.

If you took your motorhome to QuadVan, it will handle much better when it's done, since they at dual Bilstein shocks, a steering stabilizer, and sway bars as needed.

Bryan

2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

CoeyCoey

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carringb wrote:

CoeyCoey wrote:

Fixing the E450's sloppy steering isn't difficult, just requires a good alignment shop, and possibly some larger sway bars.

If you took your motorhome to QuadVan, it will handle much better when it's done, since they at dual Bilstein shocks, a steering stabilizer, and sway bars as needed.

I have Bilstein shocks, a steering stabilizer, and sway bars. Still handles like ****. Every Ford and Dodge I have owned had crappy steering and death wobble issues.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Sprinter Class C 4x4 Conversion
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS