RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Freelander 21QB owners?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Freelander 21QB owners?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Just There

The Americas

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/19 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holá, are there any owners or past owners here who would be willing to share information on the 21QB? We recently purchased a 2012 w/ Chev 6.0L
I will not be able to personally inspect this for a couple of months, but hope to be up to speed to commission/outfit it for boondocking when I meet her in person.

Plturne

Redway, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/19 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We own a 22QB with the Ford V10. Believe it's about the same but the dinette and closet/pantry area slide out.

Paul

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Assuming the previous owner did not do so, "right away" you will want to seal the 3 amber colored front-facing lights at the top of the cab-over bed, and the one on each side. They are prone to leaking in significant amounts of rain water and snow melt, destroying the cab-over area. By the time the owner sees water stains, lots of damage is already done. Also inspect the seam-work in the same area for the same concerns.

At 23.5 feet bumper to bumper, the 21QB is a sweet little rig with an efficient floor plan. I hope you enjoy it. It's the same floor plan as our rig minus the cab-over bed. Our rig is a B+, working perfectly for my wife and me 12 years running.
[image]

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

ADAD437

Jeffersonville,Ind., webster,fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/19 04:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have a 2011 21 qb on ford. the big complaint i have is the corner bed. i hate that. the bathroom is small but useable. as said before the cab over is prone to leaks due to the flexing so be vigilant. wish i had a slide out.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit
">

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/19 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ADAD437 wrote:

I have a 2011 21QB on the Ford. The big complaint I have is the corner bed. I hate that. The bathroom is small but useable. As said before, the cab over is prone to leaks due to the flexing, so be vigilant. I wish I had a slide out.
But with a slide out, your house will be flexing even more.

I agree that the rear corner bed is less than ideal yet we work with it well. For us, it's better than the alternative.....no motor home at all. Our rig just barely fits in our garage as it is. And it's easy to get around in and find campsites in the national parks and such. Staying in private RV parks far away from the action because of "excessive length" is so much worse than a corner bed.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/19 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A rear corner bed is just about the only way to have an always-available, nearly queen size, bed at floor level in a small Class C without slides.

The DW has no problem using our rear corner bed because she is the only one who sleeps in it due to her needing the whole thing to spread out with her bad back. I use the cabover queen, which is easy to get into due to the raised floor of our basement design coach and it's stock ladder with wide steps that Winnebago supplied.

There is no need to "make up" the corner bed. We just use a foam topper on the corner bed and then wash/change it's fitted sheet periodically. The fitted sheet is easy to put on/off by curling the topper's corners towards the foot where we stand, as we stretch the fitted sheet's elastic edges over onto/off-of the underside of the foam.

Use of the corner bed this way is not difficult at all, and what effort it is - is well worth the advantages of a small Class C with no slides.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Just There

The Americas

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/19 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone installed an inverter? Where did you locate it?

SSandman

MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/19 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know about the 2012 but my 2019 has a plug-in outside for solar to be attached.

rockfishon

MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just There wrote:

Has anyone installed an inverter? Where did you locate it?

Yes, I installed it under the drawer below the stove.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I read this correctly, you bought an RV sight unseen?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Freelander 21QB owners?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS