RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Seen this before ? Vinyl Floor .

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Seen this before ? Vinyl Floor .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This happened to a 10 year old TT that we purchased used. At the time we purchased same the vinyl floor did not show any signs of cracks. So it survived many cold winters up until we had it for one winter. Near as I can tell our problem was we had it on jacks during the winter which must have stressed the vinyl and when it turned cold ... whamo.... anyway, that's my theory.

blownstang01

Upstate NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/19 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure what I'm going to replace it with yet. I guess we have been lucky as this is the original flooring, 2006 model.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/19 11:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harvard wrote:

This happened to a 10 year old TT that we purchased used. At the time we purchased same the vinyl floor did not show any signs of cracks. So it survived many cold winters up until we had it for one winter. Near as I can tell our problem was we had it on jacks during the winter which must have stressed the vinyl and when it turned cold ... whamo.... anyway, that's my theory.

How warped was the floor when on jacks? Any curvature enough to damage the flooring, it likely destroying the frame and walls.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

rambleonrose

In the depths of my own project hell

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/19 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So my little old RV is currently gutted and awaiting for warmer weather to seal the roof, then to start on the floor. We have been planning on doing vinyl sheeting, since we're trying to do this on a budget. Then I saw this post.

We're in upstate NY, so there's definitely a wide swing in temps, and expansion/contraction will definitely be there. Since it's a remodel, most of the larger floor items are staying put (fridge, one cabinet) - it's a smaller RV, and a fairly small space the flooring would be going on, so I'm wondering if there's a way to swing doing the sheeting still, instead of the more expensive plank. Glue all over? Leave slightly larger gap/space on the edges, covered with a wider trim? Any tricks or wisdom you could pass on?

77rollalong

Brighton Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/19 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did ours with the fake hard wood flooring, but for the bathroom area we found a vinyl flooring that came in strips about 4 feet long by 6 inches with a self stick back with a sub base you put down also in vinyl, so it ended up being a floating floor, was easy to cut with tin snips, and just left a gap at the edges for 1/4 round.[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Seen this before ? Vinyl Floor .
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS