RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Flow-Rite RV2000 Pro-Fill Battery Water Maintainer

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Flow-Rite RV2000 Pro-Fill Battery Water Maintainer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/19 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

Plus, this makes it seem you have to fool around with the system fairly often (eg, make sure filters not plogged up) so it is not really easier than just watering the batteries as usual IMO. However I don't have any experience with it to say for sure if it saves work.

https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/TRJN0148_HLSnkTubingMan.pdf
Um no. My water system has worked perfectly with zero issues or special care going about six years now.

Just connect the feed tube every 6 months, insert into the distilled water and pump until you feel some resistance and all the indicators show full. I have never removed the batteries until they needed replacement. Water system saves time and adds safety to the process. Slam dunk improvement.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/19 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

BFL13 wrote:

Plus, this makes it seem you have to fool around with the system fairly often (eg, make sure filters not plogged up) so it is not really easier than just watering the batteries as usual IMO. However I don't have any experience with it to say for sure if it saves work.

https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/TRJN0148_HLSnkTubingMan.pdf
Um no. My water system has worked perfectly with zero issues or special care going about six years now.

Just connect the feed tube every 6 months, insert into the distilled water and pump until you feel some resistance and all the indicators show full. I have never removed the batteries until they needed replacement. Water system saves time and adds safety to the process. Slam dunk improvement.

Every six months! Trojan says here at first to do it every few weeks until you get an idea of the needed interval. Para 4.2

https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/TrojanBattery_UsersGuide.pdf

The OP was going to use 6s, which I found to need lots of water quite often when doing my 50-90s. It does all depend on how hard you work the batteries.

1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/19 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpounds wrote:

Mine (EPever) will do up to 17VDC for up to 180 minutes, every 28th day of the month. But I'm too chicken to boil them that much.

So I use the canned program for flooded LA, which is 14.8v for 120 minutes.

Considering these batteries are over 10 years old, and for all but the last 6 months never saw more than 13.6v from my WFCO, I would say they have done pretty good with no TLC whatsoever. They are using a lot more water now with the solar controller doing the charging and the converter turned off. I don't feel compelled to do anything extreme in an attempt to eek out more life, from these, or the next set. And I recognize that I am on borrowed time with these.

These are Interstate not Trojan.

No fair bringing real life into this! Trojan gods will get you for that. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Flow-Rite RV2000 Pro-Fill Battery Water Maintainer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS