RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Just waiting for the bubble to explode.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Just waiting for the bubble to explode.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/19 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

May deflate a bit more but "explode" doubtful.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/19 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Most of the growth the past few years was in cheap towables, not motorhomes. A recent Wall St. Journal article mentioned that Camping World, Thor, and others stock are way down. I suppose we'll see soon enough.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

MattFromPA

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/19 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been window shopping for a few months. Seems like the high inventory pressure in new units is driving down used prices as well. On top of that, this time of year is going to be slow anyway. I want a bunkhouse TT, but I noticed that 'couples trailers' are really cheap right now. Definite sign of shifting demographics.

Hershey was busy back in September, and from what I read in industry news people were buying. And from my own two eyes, I have never seen so many 'Sold' signs on trailers as I did last year.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/19 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always been cyclical always will. Really won't make any difference in my life.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/19 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the posts from retireeees bashing on good paying jobs! Lol
Of course you wouldn’t work 6 12s. You’re retired!!

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/19 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the most part, true dat on the tax refund thing, except for the low income end and the high income end.
Low end, gets back more than they pay in, in a lot of cases, so being the govt sponge has its perks. You just have to wait until tax time for your additional gubmint cheese.
Higher end incomes also sometimes have no choice. I pay taxes that I don’t have control over paying and have to wait until tax time to settle the score. Can’t claim low enough on my with holdings to offset that 100%.

The masses have it wrong though. A lot of them anyway. Waiting for their tax refund like a Xmas bonus, when they are just getting back the extra $ hey let the govt have that year.

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/19 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Wow, 12 hours/day, and 6 days/week. That is no way to live. Wear a respirator or inhale some seriously nasty fumes. I might do it long enough to find another job, but not for very darned long.

Especially when it only pays $300,000 a year. [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/19 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fizz wrote:

Off topic but...

You couldn't pay me enough to be a welder. One of the most boring jobs on earth. Not talking about actually building something or fixing up cars etc.
These jobs usually mean hours of welding the same thing in a straight line for days on end. Turns your head to mush.

Well considering you pulled it off topic, was in the welding business for over 42 years, you are a bit off base.

Although I didn't spend all that 42 years under a hood, I knew many that did, and no their heads were not turned to mush. Its a admirable trade, and many do it. Obviously you have never been around a properly setup weld shop.

I have seen a lot of good welders that took pride in their trade, and were very good at it . Its a dying trade, and comments like yours surely have some impact on it.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/19 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love the arrogant put downs of us working slobs who let the government hold $20 a week out of our pay so that we can buy that new generator or take a little trip in March. People who have been getting a $2,000/year refund are now surprised when it is only $1,800. My daughter, who has a bookkeeping/tax preparation service is hearing from a lot of disappointed taxpayers.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/19 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Love the posts from retireeees bashing on good paying jobs! Lol
Of course you wouldn’t work 6 12s. You’re retired!!

Not any more, but I worked a lot of 12 on ,12 off. and even 7 days a week when we were busy, just the name of the game. We also worked a lot of 10 hour shifts 5 days a week, to get a weekend off, but more times then not, we ended up with 6 days.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Just waiting for the bubble to explode.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS