RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Ocala National Forest

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Ocala National Forest

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
caysea7254

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/19 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are now Fulltimers!! Started our adventure Feb. 6th, and so far feel so stress free. We would like to know what day and time of day is best to try and get a firt come first served site in either Salt springs or Juniper springs campground. Thanks Tara

Steve & Tara Smiley
2014 3500HD Silverado
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/19 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Call Salt Springs around 10AM to see if they have any walkup sites. If so, get there quick because they won't hold them. I don't think you would have any problem during the week at Juniper Springs due to no hookups. Good Luck as this time of year it's TOUGH grabbing sites here in FL.

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/
14'V Nose Trailer Hauling 2014 Tri-glide Harley Davidson, sold boat and razr 900, slowing down some!

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/19 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We'll be at Salt Springs next week, but thankfully we have a reservation we made months ago.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/19 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs and Clearwater Lake are in the Ocala National Forest. No hookups. Water available. Salt Springs is Fed too. Full hookups.

There are many small private campgrounds around Ocala with FHUs and have availability.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

caysea7254

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/19 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ok thanks everyone for the info! we will just wing it! [emoticon]

jolooote

Miami, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/19 07:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silver River St.Pk. on the East side of Ocala and west edge of there is wonderful. I think All sites are pull thru and big nough 4 the largest rigs. They have the nicest bathouses I've seen, complete with private showers and Infra-Red heat lamps for drying as well as it is a disinfectant. The, nearby, Silver Springs is now a part of the State park and the famous Glass Bottom boat rides are great.

Joe & Charlotte, 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 Ford E-350 305hp V10 5speed, Jeep Wrangler & Honda Element 'TOADS'
">
Rosie, Morky Dogs
Leroy's a Conure
"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!"

">

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/19 08:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jolooote, agree that Silver River is a great park with one exception that not all the sites are pull through, the majority are. The second loop has some back in sites on the back side. The sites are huge and level. My DH is an Ocala native and has been around here for 74 years and has really seen changes with Silver River. We use to take our boat and ride up the river to the springs, look at the monkeys, the fish and wave at the tourist. LOL! We live about 15 minutes from there now. They now have some sites that have FHU but not all. It is another park that is hard to get into, I guess because Walmart is so close...lol! Glad you enjoy our neck of the woods.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/19 04:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lap527 wrote:

jolooote, agree that Silver River is a great park with one exception that not all the sites are pull through, the majority are. The second loop has some back in sites on the back side. The sites are huge and level. My DH is an Ocala native and has been around here for 74 years and has really seen changes with Silver River. We use to take our boat and ride up the river to the springs, look at the monkeys, the fish and wave at the tourist. LOL! We live about 15 minutes from there now. They now have some sites that have FHU but not all. It is another park that is hard to get into, I guess because Walmart is so close...lol! Glad you enjoy our neck of the woods.
X2 on Silver River. We love this park - and yes, very hard to get into.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/19 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're trying to look up info on Silver River State Park, it was renamed Silver Springs State Park in 2013.

jolooote

Miami, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/19 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Orig. Poster didn't say from what direction they would come into the Ocala area. We always come up I-75 from the south. We don't like having to drive thru the center of Ocala on Rt 40. Is there an easier way to get to Silver River(Springs) St. Pk.?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Ocala National Forest
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS