|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Roadside Assistance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jcsb

Sharonville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/19 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach Net. Radiator blew on a sunday about 50 miles into Montana. Sent truck to tow us back to near where we were that morning (100 miles), parked us in a campground. They said there was a ford dealer able to handle us. Next morning dealer said not till the end of week. They then found another one 100 miles away to replace the radiator and had us towed there. Got coach back 25 hours after getting there.

Coach had 4000 miles on it and we were on a 3 month trip to and from Alaska. Lost 2 days, visited one of the best museums on the whole trip and only missed one planned stop.

Never saw a bill of either tow.

Jim Hunter

Cobra21

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/19 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Usually you can add towing and roadside assistance on your auto or RV policy. We have on all our vehicles with Progressive and it works very well. You can call them, or call who ever you want. Save the receipt and get reimbursed.
Brian

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/19 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cobra21 wrote:

Usually you can add towing and roadside assistance on your auto or RV policy. We have on all our vehicles with Progressive and it works very well. You can call them, or call who ever you want. Save the receipt and get reimbursed.
Brian

We have it on our RV policy but in addition, also signed up with Coach-Net too so as to be sure and have no problems or hassles anywhere anytime in getting help. If one doesn't respond well or at all ... we can try the other.

A stranded motorhome with no tow vehicle is high priority in getting good roadside service.

For getting medical help on highest priority when out with the motorhome ... we also carry along a satellite based rescue communications device.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

jjrbus

FT Myers FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/19 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ONe thing needs to be known. None of the ERS services own any equipment. You will be calling a call center which may work for more than one company.

The tows are sub contracted out to towing company's. So the relationship between the Emergency Road Service, their call centers and towing sub contractors is what is important. How much they pay their call center emplyee's, how much do they pay tow company's and how quickly do they pay the bill are all important.

When calling ERS just about guarantees you will be towed, not always a good thing in my opinion. Took me 2 days to get a mobile mechanic in Chagrin falls Ohio.

I have the ERS ryder on my State Farm policy and also use Coach Net. Every year before I renew I do my due diligence and every year Coach Net is #1.

So there I sit with the State Farm ryder, the #1 ERS Coach Net, in Hells Canyon SD on a Friday night, with no cell phone signal and not a car in sight : )

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/19 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jjrbus wrote:

So there I sit with the State Farm ryder, the #1 ERS Coach Net, in Hells Canyon SD on a Friday night, with no cell phone signal and not a car in sight : ) ... snip

What you describe is exactly why I have some homework to do: I have to contact Coach-Net and see if they can respond to text messages as well as voice phone calls. I can send and receive texts from anywhere using my emergency rescue satellite device when there's no cell service, so maybe I could communicate with Coach-Net via text messages to/from them using that device. [emoticon]

P.S. I sure wish I could afford a regular satellite phone to carry along with us in the RV as the ultimate communication device. In the long run I don't "trust" the cellular phone system to be of use in either - remote RV'ing locations, or in any RV'ing location during natural disasters that might occur while we're out and about.

fourthclassC

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suggest CB radio in situations with no cell phone service.

jjrbus

FT Myers FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/19 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

jjrbus wrote:

So there I sit with the State Farm ryder, the #1 ERS Coach Net, in Hells Canyon SD on a Friday night, with no cell phone signal and not a car in sight : ) ... snip

What you describe is exactly why I have some homework to do: I have to contact Coach-Net and see if they can respond to text messages as well as voice phone calls. I can send and receive texts from anywhere using my emergency rescue satellite device when there's no cell service, so maybe I could communicate with Coach-Net via text messages to/from them using that device. [emoticon]

P.S. I sure wish I could afford a regular satellite phone to carry along with us in the RV as the ultimate communication device. In the long run I don't "trust" the cellular phone system to be of use in either - remote RV'ing locations, or in any RV'ing location during natural disasters that might occur while we're out and about.

Long story I was eventually rescued by a Sheriff and a good Samaritan. I had a bad fuel pump and the good Samaritan banged on the tank while I started the RV. The Sheriff told me he had no idea where we could get a tow truck from! He did follow me to Newcastle in case I broke down again.

This is Rt 16 between Custer SD and Newcastle WY, really not that remote.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Roadside Assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.