|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto Leveling

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/19 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry barnhart wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Super_Dave wrote:

A simple box beam, I get it but would never have guessed it would hold that much weight.

Honestly I would have no issue placing my entire RV on top of the box with the two dividers, of course it would have to have equal pressure applied straight down.

The plywood is solid core Douglas Fir. Plywood on edge is incredibly strong.

FYI Larry was a Carpenter/Craftsman for his Career also.

I would have used box joints. So I could really impress.

chevman

Showoff!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Super_Dave wrote:

Anyone else amazed that those boxes hold that kind of weight?

35 years of Construction, I kinda know how to build things. [emoticon]

All joints construction adhesive PL3 By LocTite. Screws 2" #10 pre drilled. ROCK SOLID

[image]

I like those boxes but I use 6"x 6" blocks. I cut left over scrap from a treated 6"x 6" post. The 6x6 is solid all the way through. Nothing to build.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

I like those boxes but I use 6"x 6" blocks. I cut left over scrap from a treated 6"x 6" post. The 6x6 is solid all the way through. Nothing to build.

Problem with solid wood is that it can split. I used to use 6x8x16" pcs of pressure treated. Plywood is stable.

These blocks are 10" high.

Before auto level I packed 12' square pcs of plywood ranging from 1/4" up to 1 1/8". No cupping of splitting. I still carry a few pcs.

* This post was edited 02/23/19 10:22am by an administrator/moderator *

GHop

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

topjimmy wrote:

I do not know where GHop or MerryKalia are camping at or if you are not using the auto level right but I have had auto level on my 5er's since 2012 and being a full timer for 8 years and I can tell ya it is one of the best things that have ever come out for 5th wheels Only sometimes times do I have to use a few orange blocks to compensate for a real unlevel site it is pretty much hit the auto level button and watch it do it's thing I LOVE IT! and would NEVER go back to the old school jacks with Pins and wood blocks Blah Blah Blah
GHop wrote:

MerryKalia is right. We have the same problem and have only had them work correctly one time. I just go old school and don't use it at all. I'm thinking it was a waste of money. I hope you have better luck with yours.

Agreed auto level is a fantastic feature.

I have been good at reading and following the instructions but our leveling system has only worked correctly one time. Most of the time it has an error "Out of Strock". I would love to use it but no joy. I'm happy your is working correctly

G.H.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GHop, When I first got my 5er I had some issues with my auto level that were all user error and caused it to throw error messages. Get someone that has experience to walk you through it. Once it throws the error code you have to go to the touch pad inside to reset.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 2003 Jetcraft 2125 - Yamaha 150 HP & 8 HP Kicker

jtaylor1920

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/19 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GHop wrote:

have been good at reading and following the instructions but our leveling system has only worked correctly one time. Most of the time it has an error "Out of Strock". I would love to use it but no joy. I'm happy your is working correctly

There are some great YouTube videos that you might want to check out or contact Lippert. There are two sensors that determine level. One is probably in the front near your battery and the other above your axles. It’s possible one of those is loose.

We love our level up and I wouldn’t have a rig without it.

John, Laurie & the 2 Schnauzers (Mazie & Obi)
2016 GMC Duramax Dually
2018 Cardinal 3350RLX
B&W Companion Hitch

dapperdan

Milwaukee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/19 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I have been good at reading and following the instructions but our leveling system has only worked correctly one time. Most of the time it has an error "Out of Strock". I would love to use it but no joy. I'm happy your is working correctly "

G Hop, When you get the "out of stroke" message all you need to do is look at which ram(s) is/are extended all the way, bring up the rear jacks, place a block or two under that ram(s) and hit "auto level" again and let it do it's thing. I don't think there's anything wrong with your leveling system. We will on occasion get that message if we're on a very "un-level" site and I haven't placed any blocking under my jacks.

Our level-up system works GREAT, I think yours will too.

Dan

GHop

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/19 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dapperdan wrote:

"I have been good at reading and following the instructions but our leveling system has only worked correctly one time. Most of the time it has an error "Out of Strock". I would love to use it but no joy. I'm happy your is working correctly "

G Hop, When you get the "out of stroke" message all you need to do is look at which ram(s) is/are extended all the way, bring up the rear jacks, place a block or two under that ram(s) and hit "auto level" again and let it do it's thing. I don't think there's anything wrong with your leveling system. We will on occasion get that message if we're on a very "un-level" site and I haven't placed any blocking under my jacks.

Our level-up system works GREAT, I think yours will too.

Thank you guys for the help. Heading out next week so I'll give it a try. Again, thank you.

Dan

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/19 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GHop wrote:

I have been good at reading and following the instructions but our leveling system has only worked correctly one time. Most of the time it has an error "Out of Strock". I would love to use it but no joy. I'm happy your is working correctly

Geez, if it's out of stroke, then put some blocks under the jacks that are limiting out! If you're already doing this, then put more blocks. If it's still showing an error when you're close to level, then you've got a system problem and need to address it. A trip to the dealer for a refresher lesson might not hurt, either, just to be sure.

Lyle

* This post was edited 02/25/19 02:29pm by an administrator/moderator *

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read the book on setting zero point
http://www.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0/support-ground-control-3.0-onecontrol-touch-panel

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto Leveling
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS