RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Not Renewing After 10+ Years

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Not Renewing After 10+ Years

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
DesertTracker

Ridgecrest, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 10:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After paying the annual fee for RV plus cars for more than 10 years, I had my first opportunity to use the Roadside Assistance. After that experience, I will not be renewing. My car required towing close to the little town I live in but about 80 miles from the closest dealer (Cadillac). I understand that there would be additional charges due to the distance, but I was not prepared for the way Good Sam handles these situations. I was told to "pay $322 now to Good Sam or take my chances with the tow driver when he arrived". Needing a tow, I paid the $322 to Good Sam (visa over the phone). When the driver arrived, I was told the tow would have been "about $350" without Roadside Assistance. Over $1000 in Roadside Assistance dues over the years for a $28 dollar benefit? Additionally, when I had a similar situation with a motorhome with AAA, I was told there would be additional charges due to the distance, and received a small bill a couple of weeks later in the mail.
No more Good Sam Roadside Assistance for me.

2011 Keystone Springdale 189
2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 V10 4.10

RoadsideGuy

Colorado

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/19 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you DesertTracker for your post. I would like to understand in more detail and investigate what happened.

Would you please send me a PM with your contact information?

Thanks in advance

Darren J White
Senior Director - Operations
Good Sam Roadside and TravelAssist

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/19 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can bet that when a complaint is posted, that customer service contacts the person. Whatever happened to being proactive in providing good/excellent customer service instead of reactive??!!

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Lwiddis

Near Mammoth, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/19 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very troubling.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/19 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have towing through my Geico insurance car,motorcycle and trailers. They will tow up to 150 miles. Motorcycle is special tow on flatbed only.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Cordelia

Fairfield, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/19 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

You can bet that when a complaint is posted, that customer service contacts the person. Whatever happened to being proactive in providing good/excellent customer service instead of reactive??!!

I have been wondering this for years also. I can understand newbies not understanding what they bought and learning the hard way. But there are too many long time members that have problems. Is the only way one gets good service is to complain the loudest? Maybe Marcus could explain how the system works?

Gordon
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD L/B E/C D/A 4x4
2003 Eagle Cap 950 Loaded

chiefneon

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/19 01:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy!

We started out with GS ERS and dropped it also. We’ve had Coach Net even since. We pay a little more for CN but they have given us great service. We had break downs in Newfoundland and Alaska and when the heavy duty tow service arrived to tow our MDT the only thing they asked was where we wanted them to take it (no extra charges). Also when we broke down in Alaska they sent two tow trucks one for the MDT and one for our large 5er ( no extra charge).

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/19 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the feedback on Geico jetboater454 and Coach Net Chiefneon.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Not Renewing After 10+ Years
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.