|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sliding Hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bob Sue

Farmington,Mi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/19 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As stated previously I have a pull rite auto slide, and am glad I have it. As far as paint on the hitch, spray some W-D40 on the way tubes prior to pulling the trailer. That's about it for daily use. Every year mine comes out of the truck for storage. Everything is cleaned and lubed at this time. Yes there are wear marks on the way tubes from use, but in 5 years there is no rust. Piece of mind, and one less thing to be concerned with, it's all well worth it to me. Oh yeah, being automatic does mean you do NOT get out of the truck to activate it, it's automatic.

Bob&Sue
2013 Open Range Roamer 5th
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide

LERD

NE Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/19 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pullrite is very automatic. It uses a gearing system that pushes the actual 5th wheel hitch backwards as soon as the head starts to turn. I have to use a strap to hold it in place when I'm not towing, or else you hear it it sliding back and forth. Once you get the hang of it, it's very slick to use. The engage lever locks into place and it makes a very loud noise when it engages, and the handle pulls out full when disconnected. It is very susceptible to pin binding, so chocks and your parking brake are in order. However, I have an older 5th wheel that I tow with a f-150 with the 5.5 ft bed, so this hitch is a must. The front corners of the trailer do not have the rounded corners, so I can get close to 90 degrees but not quite. But when I look at what it does to the suspension of my trailer with that kind angle, I don't care.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sliding Hitch
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS