|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Can't get my Weber grill to cook quickly, Low flame

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/19 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lamopar wrote:

Sorry, I also didn't mention I removed the regulator at the grill and the hose is attached just like the one in the video. I guess I could have something caught up in the hose or connections.

Sounds like it. 99 times out of a hundred it’s doubled regulators. You are probably the 100th with a bit o’ crud in there somewhere, probably at the orface from which gas blows into the air mixer, just before the burner.

jjrbus

FT Myers FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a blockage someplace, might even be in the hose supplying the Weber. Mine has a small flame, does not go out and is sufficient for stake.

Side note, I use my Weber Baby-Q 2-3 times a week since I bought in 1999. Never replaced a part and still using it!

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed a tap on the high pressure side. The hose has the standard 1" bottle thread and I have an adapter for any other BBQ.

Therefore no changes required for any BBQ and it's own regulator is used.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2004 CR-V and 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make it look like this.

[image]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lamopar wrote:

My system looks a lot like the one on the video but it was supplied by an LP gas company. They made the lines that connect to my trailer output and connect to my grill. My connections look a lot like the connection on the gas bottle and the end of the factory Weber grill. One screws into my trailer connection and it ends after about 10'.

What you're saying makes no sense. 16.4 oz propane canisters have a 1"-20 threaded male fitting and is HIGH pressure. Any low pressure feed you may have on your trailer's curb side should be a quick disconnect fitting, if it's not then it's not low pressure. Any custom hose built to feed low pressure to a Weber Q on which the regulator has been removed should have a quick disconnect male nipple at the trailer end and a threaded fitting at the other than screws on to the Weber in place of it's regulator. Question - what make, model, year of trailer do you have and 2) a couple of pics of what you're talking about would help.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Happytraveler

Capistrano Beach, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to let you know Weber customer service over the phone is fantastic.

Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

lamopar wrote:

My system looks a lot like the one on the video but it was supplied by an LP gas company. They made the lines that connect to my trailer output and connect to my grill. My connections look a lot like the connection on the gas bottle and the end of the factory Weber grill. One screws into my trailer connection and it ends after about 10'.

What you're saying makes no sense. 16.4 oz propane canisters have a 1"-20 threaded male fitting and is HIGH pressure. Any low pressure feed you may have on your trailer's curb side should be a quick disconnect fitting, if it's not then it's not low pressure. Any custom hose built to feed low pressure to a Weber Q on which the regulator has been removed should have a quick disconnect male nipple at the trailer end and a threaded fitting at the other than screws on to the Weber in place of it's regulator. Question - what make, model, year of trailer do you have and 2) a couple of pics of what you're talking about would help.

I am starting to wonder if the gas company made an error. The two hose connections look just like the top of a small gas bottle and what is the end of the original gas grill connection for the bottle. The end of the hose that connects to the trailer is the same and it just screws on. A quick connect would be much better with a shut off but that is what I have at the moment. I think I may need a different system.

Again, a major LP gas supplier put this together for me at the shop. It works pretty well but the flame is super low like it is going through two regulators but there are only hoses from the trailer to the connection at the grill and the regulator has been removed from the grill. I still have it in a bag with the connections.

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the high pressure adapter with a El (for hose routing considerations) and a shutoff valve. The top external tank port came with the adapter. The BBQ connector is the standard 1lb 1" propane bottle type.

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

12’ hoses and adapter for the standard BBQ regulator fitting are available. Propane stores can also make custom length hoses however I have a second 12' hose to use when needed.

red31

Bryan

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi lamopar, your multiple sets of screw connectors maybe too restrictive.
Your trailers regulator may be set too low.
Have the gas company check both along with cr@p in the lines.

camp-n-family

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another potential problem is the length of hose may cause the safety valve on the propane tank to shut off. When you connect the hose there is a sudden rush of propane to fill it. This can be sensed as a leak triggering the safety valve.

I have a 20’ line that I run from a splitter off the tank before the regulator. I have to turn the tank off first, connect the hose, then slowly open the tank valve allowing the hose to fill completely before opening the valve the rest of the way.

I run into problems trying to run my bbq at the same time as my outside kitchen stove when the are on the same tank as well.

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Can't get my Weber grill to cook quickly, Low flame
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS