|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Can't get my Weber grill to cook quickly, Low flame

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/19 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry I didn't have pics available. I have attached them below. Now I hope this works! As I stated, all the connections are exactly the same as the connection on the top of the 1 lb bottle. I tried to take a picture of the line but it is too dark. The connection is near the front of the trailer, right off the main line coming from the bottles. The connector on the trailer is just like the top of a bottle (1 lb portable like from Coleman) and the hose end with the little protrusion goes into the connector. Same where the two hoses connect.

[image]
[image]
[image]

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/19 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, that didn't work like I thought it would. Here is another photo. This is the end of the hose coming off the grill. Also, the hose that connects to the trailer and the hose end coming off the grill.

[image]
[image]

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/19 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lamopar wrote:

The connection is near the front of the trailer, right off the main line coming from the bottles. The connector on the trailer is just like the top of a bottle (1 lb portable like from Coleman) and the hose end with the little protrusion goes into the connector. Same where the two hoses connect.
By "main line" you mean bottles are connected to the regulator and then the main line - right? That is the low pressure "main line".

You have high pressure connectors for the hoses and connectors however. I'd bet the smaller orifices on the high pressure connectors are restricting your low pressure flow.

Go back to the propane shop and if they balk insist that they restore the BBQ so that you can demonstrate how it should work.

I would have large reservations about your propane shop but I'm certainly not a propane expert.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2004 CR-V and 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/19 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the low-pressure side. That makes sense the connections are high-pressure fittings and restricting the flow. I think I will bypass the shop and buy my stuff directly and build it. I didn't know the fittings are high pressure and would reduce the gas flow.

I have all the parts for the grill and I am the one who took the regulator off the grill. I can put it back together to make it work with a little bottle. It may be easier to test it myself first to make sure there is no problem with the adjustable flame valve on the grill but it has never worked right since it was modified.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup, as CA traveler said, those fittings are meant to be used with high pressure, not low. That's the exact type of hose/fittings that I use to attach my BBQ to my RV, but my setup comes off the high pressure side (before the RV regulator) and I still use the regulator at the BBQ.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks! I think I know the problem now. I'm going to get new lines and try this again. I bet the BBQ works much better after that!

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lamopar wrote:

Thanks! I think I know the problem now. I'm going to get new lines and try this again. I bet the BBQ works much better after that!

Which is what I described back on Page 2 of this discussion. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Can't get my Weber grill to cook quickly, Low flame
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS