RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: What's up with RV names??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> What's up with RV names??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rightlaneonly

CA..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

My favorite 'buzz word' name is Lite. None of the RV's are light or lite. I chuckle every time I see that. Like Lite beer... another name for 3.2.

If you put more air in the tires will the trailer gets Lighter[emoticon]

Lee & Jane
2007 Ford F 150 and a 2013 Econ 14BB.
I wanna go where I haven't been,
but still wanna see what I've seen again.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/19 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a used Rockwood. Her name is "Bertha." My truck is called Nellebelle and my boat is named "Dark Star." Take me out in the morning dew.

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron, I like your thinking! Hadn't thought about pizza, but it just another of your great thoughts, and a really good fit! Especially with the extra trimmings we have added, and your special topping. I'm gonna steal that thought from you also. Noel

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and a grouchy, old, tiny dog

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/19 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

From walking around various campgrounds, I have become intrigued with the names manufacturers apply to the various RVs they manufacture, and what goal they are seeking with that name. DW and I travel in an American Tradition. I’ve always liked the name since it evokes patriotism and pride in the country that we are traveling in.

Some names lean more towards the destination where you might be heading on your RV journey. Names like Colorado and Montana, and generic but romantic destinations like Sunny Brook, Stone Ridge, Alpine, and even Elevation, implying a trip to the mountains. I can even see a positive attitude in owning a Road Warrior and Big Country and Sightseer.

Where my understanding and empathy starts to drop off is when I see names like Vengeance which makes me wonder who the salesman was that sold it to them, and if his life or health is now in danger.

After witnessing a couple of really bad RV accidents, and having seen photos of more, I have to wonder about a name like Impact or Rolling Thunder.

I completely fail to understand the thought process of a manufacturer who names their latest product, Seismic, as though the owner enjoys traveling in areas fraught with earthquakes, especially if they are traveling together with a friend who tows a Shockwave!

Since Rving is supposed to be relaxing, I worry about parking next to someone with a Talon, or a Venom, a Voltage, or just plain Warrior! And finally my two favorites, imagine parking next to two friends, one who has a “FUEL”, and his buddy is there showing off his brand new “INFERNO”. I mean, have you ever seen one of these things catch on fire??? Don’t think I will sleep well at night with one of those.

These are all legit names that I have personally seen on RVs. Most of the far out ones were on 5th wheels which brings up a whole new topic for another post.

Hey Larry

Jayco Jay Feather Sport... not very impressive! LOL

But it gets me to where I want to go! [emoticon]

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 180K"

State & Provinces we have camped

tracyb-oh

Cincinnati,Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GordonThree wrote:

Dominator and Intruder are two of my favs
I always thought Intruder was a stupid name for a camper. Not sure I would like people who tell you up front they are intruders. The other one I see occasionally that I think is questionable is tsunami. Not sure I want that kind of destruction in a campground.

Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/19 04:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tracyb-oh wrote:

GordonThree wrote:

Dominator and Intruder are two of my favs
I always thought Intruder was a stupid name for a camper. Not sure I would like people who tell you up front they are intruders. The other one I see occasionally that I think is questionable is tsunami. Not sure I want that kind of destruction in a campground.

Good contributions to the list of "WHY" names.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Rubicon06

Eagle

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

They are ONLY NAMES...

nothing should be taken personal about them...

Call them what you like, if the floor plan fits, winner-winner chicken dinner !

I personally never walked away from a sale because I did not like the name of the brand...

So they're only names and we shouldn't take anything personal there? Well that was some great insight there. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 05/19/19 08:43am by Rubicon06 *

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/19 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

Then what ever you do absolutely don’t buy or go camping with a bunch of Toy Haulers as you just named off a bunch of the fairly popular ones. Names like Impact, Warrior, Stryker, Fury, Avenger, Stealth, Desert Fox, Reactor, Bandit, Outlaw, Rebel and Firestorm were named to differentiate them from the Blue Hair RV type. You know names like Berkshire, Blue Ridge, Hampton, Phaeton and Turtle don’t exactly appeal to a more active audience, more like the Geritol and Shuffleboard crowd. They appeal to two different audiences.

That said I walked through a whole Loop of Toy Haulers and ATVs one year and looked at my wife and said I’d never want to camp in this loop. Next year we had a new RV and ATVs and we were smack dab in the middle of the loop with a bunch of great people.

Great thing is there is plenty of room for everyone to get out and have fun on their own terms.

Let’s just hope the “Firestorm” never has an “Encounter” in the “Back Country" with a “Leprechaun”because there might be no “Escape” from the “Spree” [emoticon]

[image]

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/19 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rubicon06 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

They are ONLY NAMES...

nothing should be taken personal about them...

Call them what you like, if the floor plan fits, winner-winner chicken dinner !

I personally never walked away from a sale because I did not like the name of the brand...

So they're only names and we shouldn't take anything personal there? Well that was some great insight there. [emoticon]

well,,, tha'ts my opinion ( just like the rest of this forum) ..

I, myself would not walk away from a deal because the name... Maybe I have thicker skin??? Or get the humor of the topic here??
Happy Camping

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/19 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Georgetown I named it Freedom and it fits her to a tee.

Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> What's up with RV names??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS