|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Review of our shakedown Florida trip

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Central Lake RV'er

Central Lake Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/19 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both Hickory Point and Iona Ranch, where we stayed in Ft. Myers, are actually senior mobile home parks that have empty sites with amenities. Fortunately, Iona Ranch is located on the far western edge of Ft. Myers about a mile from the Sanibel Island bridge, and that more than made up for our lack of satisfaction with that park. Overall, I can see the advantages of parks like that if you're staying for some time, like swimming pools, group activities, and senior social life, but for travelers like us they were just too expensive for what we got.
We were very lucky to get in on some last minute cancellations in the state parks, they do occur, particularly if the weather falls apart, so if you watch the Reserve America site closely, you might get lucky. We did-even got a third night out of Collier/Seminole, but we had to move from one site to another.

Bears Den

Estero, Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/19 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live just south of Ft Myers and have since 1983. Every year the traffic gets worse and the prices get higher during snowbird season. It seems that everyone wants to be south of I-4 for the warmer weather, which leads to the overcrowding. I head to the northern part of the state to camp for less traffic and lower prices. I have stated before and I’ll state it again, 68 degree temps and no snow is still better than 5 below and snow.

2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Review of our shakedown Florida trip
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS