RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: residential refrigerator vs normal RV fridge/freezer

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> residential refrigerator vs normal RV fridge/freezer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Boband4

Wa

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If considering switching to a residential unit keep two things in mind. 1st - many say they like the residential because it has more capacity. Is there space in the floorplan for it to fit? My TT is 30 foot, and the furnace is under the fridge. There isnt room for a larger unit to sit on the floor. 2nd - and more important - if you are thinking of switching ensure the residential unit will fit through the door. I had to replace my gas unit and the only way to get the old one out and the new one in was to take the door off the refridgerator. I had less than 1/2 an inch clearance to fit through the TT door. Measure carefully!

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vintage465 wrote:

Since I do mostly boon docking and cant stand the sound of generators I'm in the Gas Refer camp. Any solar I have is going to keep my 4 each 6v batteries up so if it gets cold I and need to use the furnace, I can. Personally I don't see the day when I go to a 110v refer for camping.

DITTO.

I don't mind a generator for occasional charging, but with a residential fridge, it's likely you will need to run the generator several hours every day (and listen to the noise of said generator).
WHat happens if the inverter fails? then your fridge is kaput unless you have a generator to run non-stop until you solve the inverter problem.

Bob

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trail-explorer wrote:

wHat happens if the inverter fails?
Unlikely, but as with many things about this life, you carry spares.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> residential refrigerator vs normal RV fridge/freezer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS