|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Starting Issue

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
FloridaRosebud

Melbourne

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/19 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DSDP Don wrote:

You know....sometimes some of you can destroy a post with stupid information. What Doug posted is accurate for about 99% of the RV's on the road. Then someone comes along and says his 1948 Shasta trailer conversion with a 63 Buick chassis doesn't work that way. DUH! Some will go out of their way to prove someone wrong when the rest of the group understands that most information is generic to the AVERAGE RV, not some old style charging system that is no longer around.

Even worse.....the statement below is absolutely useless and a prime example of taking a simple statement to help others understand to the EXTREME!

"Sorry Doug - a converter/charger does not make energy...it changes energy from one form to another. A generator makes energy. A battery makes energy. By definition. I'm an EE and have worked in the power industry for many, many years. If you want to think that a inverter/charger makes energy please go right ahead, but that's not correct."

I haven't been on this forum for quite awhile because of this type of stuff. Doug goes out of his way to help others, yet those who never post anything to help, are always there to criticze.

Sorry DSPD Don, but when someone makes a post that is not accurate in my thread (I'm the original poster with the question) I can and will correct it. If you want to start another thread about the topic go right ahead, but I do not appreciate your comment, nor is it helpful. And by the way, my statement above that you quote is indeed accurate.

Al

DSDP Don

Moorpark, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So you're correcting your own stuff????

Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Starting Issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.