|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forest River Problems

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
mark5w

Lehighton, Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/19 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found articles in the news

Forest River news 1

Forest River news 2

'13 Cruiser Patriot 335SS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it's interesting that they laid off 50-60 people the same day as the fire...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 04:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the third year in s row for this time of year for a forest river plant to burn

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 04:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting back to their core competencies I guess.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/19 04:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you talk to former workers (many/most/all of which were laid off), what kind of stories do you expect to get? Salacious, gossipy, rumor-laden negativity. I'm an employer myself and have very little turnover for a company of my size. But I've had to terminate employment for several people over the years for various reasons, all of which were due directly that to that person's actions. In some of those cases, the former employees saved no breath in spreading fales rumors, lies, threatening to sue or contact the BBB.

Safety violations are an entirely different matter all together. And obviously a lot of things are overlooked by the employees in their pursuit of higher wages (ie "piece-work). But regardless, I can provide safety training, safety gear, drug testing, etc., but none of that stops a worker from smoking a joint before coming to work or refusing to wear the safety gear. Many times, an incident can occur before management is made aware of this and make corrective action. All employees share a common duty to report safety concerns and employee drug use.

2017 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax Crew Cab Z71
2014 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 6.7 Cummins w/ Aisin, Flatbed
2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 290BH w/ B & W Companion (T/O Ball)
Old Rig:
2005 Wildcat 29BHBP w/ Andersen UH (Aluminum, lowered version for flatbed)
SBGTF

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure it's only a minor bump in the road for Warren Buffet (he owns FR and others) as well as BNSF railroad and countless other business ventures.

My take on the RV industry as a whole is, until they start getting away from the 'piece work' attitude, the quality will continue to suffer. Piece work and the incentive to produce for compensation and quality don't marry very well and the consumer suffers in the end.

Far as the drug culture goes, that is across the board in every industry. Drug use is ignored by the automakers as well. Ford. FCA and GM all have issues but tend to ignore them in favor of production. If the automakers pushed substance abuse testing (random sampling), half of their workforce would not be working.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do have to say that, in general, Forest River products are a problem, a problem to consumers. Having said that, I have one and I consider myself extremely lucky that mine has been issue free for the last 4 years. Most people are not so lucky and it's a real shame considering the cost of an RV, that they are built as shoddy as they are.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am told they have had "Safety Issues" including fire safety
NOTE that fire safety issues does not necessarly mean a fire. Just the inspector noted violations.

Clearly. they had a fire safety issue.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

cross21114

Baltimore, MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WTP-GC wrote:

When you talk to former workers (many/most/all of which were laid off), what kind of stories do you expect to get? Salacious, gossipy, rumor-laden negativity. I'm an employer myself and have very little turnover for a company of my size. But I've had to terminate employment for several people over the years for various reasons, all of which were due directly that to that person's actions. In some of those cases, the former employees saved no breath in spreading fales rumors, lies, threatening to sue or contact the BBB.

Safety violations are an entirely different matter all together. And obviously a lot of things are overlooked by the employees in their pursuit of higher wages (ie "piece-work). But regardless, I can provide safety training, safety gear, drug testing, etc., but none of that stops a worker from smoking a joint before coming to work or refusing to wear the safety gear. Many times, an incident can occur before management is made aware of this and make corrective action. All employees share a common duty to report safety concerns and employee drug use.

Well said and totally agree.

cross21114

Baltimore, MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

I'm sure it's only a minor bump in the road for Warren Buffet (he owns FR and others) as well as BNSF railroad and countless other business ventures.

Wonder if the insurance on the building was covered by one of Buffet's insurnace companies?

Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forest River Problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS