|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Beautiful and Free Camping

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Travels with Yoly

North Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/19 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

profdant139 wrote:

Neil, I can't imagine why that great place was so empty. Isn't Florida jammed with snowbirds this time of year?? Maybe it was overrun with crocodiles? [emoticon]
Actually most of the snowbirds flock to the FHU CG's in Florida, but the State wild life Cg's with no hook ups always seem to have room. There is one called Dupris off of rt 714 half way to lake Okeechobee from Palm City Florida that is free and even has water and a dump station along with bathroom and showers. Saw lots of alligators a few wild hogs and a Florida panther there. Corbett is another near by have not camped there, but locals shoot guns there all year and no water.

Another deterrent to the classic snow bird occupancy is the 7 day stay limit. Hickory Hammock CG is not far from Dupuis CG and they are similar. We had reservations at both for the following month and were so looking forward to some nice temps in the 70s after our experience in the panhandle. Unfortunately our winter trip was cut short due to a minor medical issue and we had to cancel the reservations and return home.

billyray50

North Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/19 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice place. Thanks for sharing. Is there a dump station at this park?

Travels with Yoly

North Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/19 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billyray50 wrote:

Nice place. Thanks for sharing. Is there a dump station at this park?

No dump or hook ups of any kind. There are two conventional porta-potties and trash receptacles throughout the campground.

twichers

Navarre, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/19 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is not too far from where I live. It's a neat little place surrounded by the Eglin Reservation. Which just means not too many neighbors and you might hear various forms of the "sounds of Freedom".

There are trails but if you want to drive/hike/recreate on the Reservation property, you need a pass.

Glad you enjoyed the location.... i enjoyed the video

Travels with Yoly

North Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/19 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

twichers wrote:

This is not too far from where I live. It's a neat little place surrounded by the Eglin Reservation. Which just means not too many neighbors and you might hear various forms of the "sounds of Freedom".

There are trails but if you want to drive/hike/recreate on the Reservation property, you need a pass.

Glad you enjoyed the location.... i enjoyed the video

Glad that you enjoyed the video. It is very close to Navarre and in fact, we left the campground and visited friends in Navarre for a week (video to follow on the channel) [emoticon]

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/19 10:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travels with Yoly wrote:

Gjac wrote:

profdant139 wrote:

Neil, I can't imagine why that great place was so empty. Isn't Florida jammed with snowbirds this time of year?? Maybe it was overrun with crocodiles? [emoticon]
Actually most of the snowbirds flock to the FHU CG's in Florida, but the State wild life Cg's with no hook ups always seem to have room. There is one called Dupris off of rt 714 half way to lake Okeechobee from Palm City Florida that is free and even has water and a dump station along with bathroom and showers. Saw lots of alligators a few wild hogs and a Florida panther there. Corbett is another near by have not camped there, but locals shoot guns there all year and no water.

Another deterrent to the classic snow bird occupancy is the 7 day stay limit. Hickory Hammock CG is not far from Dupuis CG and they are similar. We had reservations at both for the following month and were so looking forward to some nice temps in the 70s after our experience in the panhandle. Unfortunately our winter trip was cut short due to a minor medical issue and we had to cancel the reservations and return home.
I have driven through that one but not camped there. Another free one that some Canadians were telling me about was Fish Camp right on a lake but not tried that either. They alternate between them because of the time limit.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Beautiful and Free Camping
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS