|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Winterizing an Alp Adventurer89B

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ToniKl

Tofino, Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/19 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need to store our Truckcamper arround Baltimore tomorrow, where the nights still get freezing cold. I looked up the manual, but I don‘t find the valves to empty the watersystem and the hotwater boiler? Is there anybody out there, that can help?
Would appreciate any advice.

Best

ToniKl

ToniKl

Tofino, Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/19 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now having posted, I found the solution. The valves are underneeth the step, beside Inverter.
Cheers
ToniKl

hedge

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/19 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yep, and there is a hole in the cabinet beside the fridge to get to the water heater winterizing valve.

I took the screws out of the dinette on that side and just use velcro to hold it down to make it easier to get to.

Depending on how cold it is you may still want to pull some a/f into the system (winterizing hose is also under the step). Draining the low point drains isn't a guaranteed way of winterizing.

2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

ToniKl

Tofino, Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/19 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for your advice. I will go for it..

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/19 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ToniKl wrote:

Now having posted, I found the solution. The valves are underneeth the step, beside Inverter.
Cheers
ToniKl
As mentioned above , it is a little more involved than simply opening a few valves . If you really don't know , any RV dealer can help you , or check some YouTube's .

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably too late now, but I just checked the weather forecast for Baltimore, MD for the next 10 days and it is not going to get anywhere near freezing. Upper 30's is as cold as it's going to get.

Water doesn't freeze instantly at 32F. It takes some time, and how long depends on how much water there is, how still it is, and how much insulation there is between the water and the outside temperature.

Ok, in an RV water line, there's not much water and it's sitting pretty still, BUT there is a LOT of insulation between the water and the outside air. The water lines themselves are good insulation, as is the air space around them that's trapped in by the camper's walls. When there is low "delta-T" that is difference in temperature, heat transfer is VERY slow. You would need DAYS at 30F to freeze the water in a camper, and as stated earlier, Baltimore isn't getting anywhere near freezing, so you're fine.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

ToniKl

Tofino, Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did empty the system and blow thrue with compressed air. Now we are at the airport. We will get to now, how it worked out, when we come back in june?? Thank you all for advice and comment.
Cheers.

ToniKl

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Winterizing an Alp Adventurer89B
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS