|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> loosing old members

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/19 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, I think most old posts are still there. But someone posted that there is a gap of missing posts that span about 1 or 1-1/2 years. I think that gap was fairly recent, say 2 or 3 years ago? Anyway, maybe 10% are missing but the other 90% should still be out there somewhere.

bradw

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/19 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find that using Google almost always works better, particularly when looking for a specific topic by a specific person. Here is some stuff from BCSierra:

https://www.google.com/search?q=BCSierra.........69i57.2815j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

BCSierra

Victoria BC

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/19 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

I find that using Google almost always works better, particularly when looking for a specific topic by a specific person. Here is some stuff from BCSierra:

https://www.google.com/search?q=BCSierra.........69i57.2815j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks, that was like looking at a time capsule.

BC

2001 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE Short Box 4 door Extra Cab
6.0 Vortec, 4L80E Auto Trans, 3.73 rear. 4X4. Timbrens, Rancho 9000's. Hidden Hitch front and Happijac rear tie downs. 1985 Frontier Camper.
Member/Editor of Victoria Motorcycle Club and ASHRAE

yr2017

Montana/Panama

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

54suds wrote:

loosing old members here ???? seem a lot are gone / going any particular reason personally I post way less because of less knowledge on newer campers AND because of sites horrible photo posting process ! whats your opinion /reasons for less participation ???

It's because we older drivers have been ursurped by younger owner/drivers with little or no experience, but who read an article somewhere on the "net" that now makes them the authority. I have been ambushed several times and why you don't see me posting as often.

I've got five million accident free miles as of last month. I used to spend many years pulling cars, pickups, big trucks and a few rv's from ditches and hung up on guardrails. I know what I'm talking about but recently I was pm'ed and told not to post this because I was out of touch.

Just recently my youngest decided rv'ing was not for her anymore and bought an old boat. Well she has lived in So America for 30 yrs. She knows the territory and lack of roads quite well. There's more water than roads. For her it was a wise decision. It made sense. Announcing here on the forums - you'd have thought she was a traitor. It was just her way of saying goodbye.

Well for me, I sold my sig rig yesterday and I'll be returning to my sailboat in Panama. So Robert Ryan you may be seeing this old cowboy down under sometime in the future.

But for now, goodbye and good luck.

Big AL -
1977 Skookum 53, DD453, slps 6, 2 heads in Panama - cruising the Pearl Islands

54suds

adk mts.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

Your oldest posts are still out there, you just have to use the advanced option to make it look in the “Archive - over one year ago”. It shows your last post to be on 4/08/11. That may not be true however, because there has been a problem for a while now with the search engine not displaying posts that are more than a year old, but less than maybe 5-6 years old. It doesn’t seem to find those at all. It found 165 of your old posts though, going all the way back to your first post on 9/22/05.

At any rate, welcome back, and glad you’re still TC’ing.

[emoticon][emoticon]

not all, even with advanced search of my old posts many are gone

2017 Chev ltz double cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,30k super hitch 36" extention
1999 Bigfoot 1011

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

54suds wrote:

NRALIFR wrote:

Your oldest posts are still out there, you just have to use the advanced option to make it look in the “Archive - over one year ago”. It shows your last post to be on 4/08/11. That may not be true however, because there has been a problem for a while now with the search engine not displaying posts that are more than a year old, but less than maybe 5-6 years old. It doesn’t seem to find those at all. It found 165 of your old posts though, going all the way back to your first post on 9/22/05.

At any rate, welcome back, and glad you’re still TC’ing.

[emoticon][emoticon]

Here Try This works for me

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

54suds wrote:

I found 38 pages of threads in the archive where you were the author.

https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm........%7Cpd%7B366%7D%7Cma%7B54suds%7D/sr/1.cfm

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still around, even after 16 years and my early days of trying to get a camper on a 1/2 ton, though my posting has mostly been seasonal, as its been seven years since I last took a camper out on the road (The big two month adventure back in 2012 was the end of the KIT's road, he's been in storage ever since 2013).

Sadly, the readership here is definitely way down. Alot of the time, updates on my bigger project posts tend to go without reply anymore, when they'd usually get a few replies with each addition.

I feel like alot of the remaining forum traffic has migrated into the RVLife owned network of forums (iRV2, Airstreamers, FiberglassRV, etc...), and I suspect Marcus Lemonis alienating a hunk of his user base back during the last presidential election period probably didn't help the user levels of the forum much either.

Sadly, the portal I used to use is long gone, with the Woodalls interface no longer around (I liked it because it had a green color scheme).

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey quick question: what’s up with Marcus Lemonis and what’s the relationship with RV.net?

D

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/19 03:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

67avion wrote:

Hey quick question: what’s up with Marcus Lemonis and what’s the relationship with RV.net?

D

He's the current majority owner of Good Sam Enterprises, which owns RV.net, Trailer Life, Good Sams Club, etc.... There's even a "Dear Marcus" section in the forum [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> loosing old members
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS