|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> loosing old members

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

BurbMan wrote:

One BIG service to the members that Camping World REFUSES to add is a classifieds section. You wanna hear some real crickets, head over to the irv2 forum...zzzzz......

They briefly tried a number of years ago, but it flopped.

Classified sections are a whole can of worms. Inevitably deals go bad, and guess what is the ONLY thing both sides can agree on?

IT'S THE FORUM SITE'S FAULT!

Doesn't matter how much boilerplate you put in the agreement you make users sign. They expect the site moderators to mediate disputes. They expect the site to reimburse them if a deal goes bad. Some of them even bring lawyers.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/20 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is an extensive RV's & Toads for sale section on the escapees forum.
And many other on line RV trader sites.
Do we really need one more?

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkirsch wrote:

3TV wrote:

I've been around for 18 years now, but don't post as much now. The photo posting procedure is terrible. I don't know why this forum cant do it like every other forum on the internet?

Photos take space. Space costs money. Anybody here paying to access this site? Good Sam is the sole owner and sponsor of the forum so it would be coming out of their pocket.

So let me get this straight, RV net strategically opted to make posting a contorted nightmare deliberately to save money??.... Ha, I’d rate that excuse right up there with beliefs in Purple Unicorns - lol

3 tons, a proud resident of RealVille

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3TV wrote:

I've been around for 18 years now, but don't post as much now. The photo posting procedure is terrible. I don't know why this forum cant do it like every other forum on the internet?

That’s the root of the problem right there. Not that RV.net makes you use a photo hosting site, but that it’s different from other forums. I get it, it’s a different process. But, you’d have to upload your images somewhere, so if you’d just take the time to become familiar with this tool, it’s as easy as pie:

RV.net Photo Posting App

I just posted a trip report in the Truck Camper forum, and it took me longer to compose the text and decide WHICH photos to post than it did to actually post the photos. And, I did it all on my iPhone.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/20 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

mkirsch wrote:

3TV wrote:

Photos take space. Space costs money. Anybody here paying to access this site? Good Sam is the sole owner and sponsor of the forum so it would be coming out of their pocket.

So let me get this straight, RV net strategically opted to make posting a contorted nightmare deliberately to save money??.... Ha, I’d rate that excuse right up there with beliefs in Purple Unicorns - lol

3 tons, a proud resident of RealVille

The forum back-end for RV.net is ColdFusion based and ANCIENT, it's literally running on the same code back end that it was in 2003 and hasn't really changed since.

When the current version of the forum went live, the cloud didn't even really exist as we know it and Windows XP was the latest OS. Hosting cost a pretty premium and so did servers, so you had to minimize costs as much as possible.

So, RV.net, is still running the same way it did nearly 20 years ago on a design based around the internet as it was from nearly 20 years ago.

Most of the other forums that have stayed alive (iRV2 and a lot of other smaller RV related vBulletin based sites are all owned by the same folks now), are using an entirely different platform.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/20 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geewizard wrote:

So, I'm still here and so is my 2004 Outfitter Apex 8 and Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4.

....still here, too. With our one-and-only 2005 Outfitter Caribou 8 and original 2004 Silverado. We've had to put the rig into storage early this year, because of you know what [emoticon]

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

fast.5

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am still around, just pullin different toys now.
Mike

2004 FORD F350 Supercrew 4x4 V10 Airlift incab controls 42" titan extension.
2007 LANCE 1131 Loaded, Air,Dicor,all weather packages Awning&Slide awning,2500lp Onan camp power,back up camera,dish
Fast.5 Reno Page http://community.webshots.com/user/fast5

Dewclaw

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/20 12:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just returned after being gone for a while. The groups on Facebook are so easy to use and, shame on me, I'm on Facebook almost daily. Still, the experience seems to be here. Many of the Facebook posters are new to the game.

2008 Northern Lite 9-6 Q Classic SE
2007 GMC 2500HD

Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/21 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still camping, still have the Host and F550!

'08 Ford F550, Lariat, Link Air Suspension, Roll-A-Long Conversion, Twin Turbo 6.4, TorkLifts, SuperHitch, "Monster Duty Truckasaurus"
'09 Host Everest, Dual Pane, AM Solar, Link 1000,Prosine2.0,Tank Htrs,Honda EV4010,HD Motosat,Wave 6.

Pete_k

Stantonville Tn

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/21 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found myself still reading this forum. Even after we sold our TC,and enjoyed it. But between health and life, found I came around less and less. Most times showing up read a dozen or so pages of threads..
Then find my self kicking my own tail. For selling our T/C. But back looking for a truck camper again. Now to only find a Host within 10 or 15 hours we can look at.
As for posting pictures I use this to post them.
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

2022 Ram Big Horn DRW on order">
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans
1995 Kenworth T600 Areocab
2012 Landmark Key Largo

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> loosing old members
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.