|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> loosing old members

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/21 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are still around and find the archives useful for solving problems. But we are between RV’s right now and the 18 foot T@B teardrop we have selected to replace our pusher isn’t well represented among the RV.net crowd so not sure we’ll be interacting much with the membership for problems etc. Facebook is a much better resource for that type of trailer. As well we’ll be pulling it with an electric vehicle which is now a forbidden topic on this forum. Facebook is also a good resource for those towing with EV’s as for the most part they are just met with ridicule on RV forums like this one.

When I’m helping a friend or neighbour with an issue I quite often google the problem and the RV.net archives quite often have the answer so it’s still a good resource. I suspect as the remaining old school members die off they will eventually shut it down but I hope they keep the archives active. Lots of knowledge there.

Cheers and stay healthy all.

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/21 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd like to see this site switch to the vBulletin platform. It's far more user friendly and is the standard for most forums. And the excuse that Lemonis can't afford it is BS. NONE of the heavy-trafficked car/truck/boat forums use this antiqued style...and I frequent more than a few discussion forums. Only one uses this, circa 2000 platform.

2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/21 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still around & camping. Still have the Palomino and the F-350. Wonderful trouble free set-up. Not liking the crowded campgrounds where folks are jammed in about a yard or two apart. Not liking the barking dogs, screaming drunk adults, or the loud music past midnight.

Spending time now in the North Maine Woods where you can drive all day and only see deer or a dozen moose or more. So few people around you feel like no other human is on the planet. Sit around the campfire at night and hear the owls 'talking' to one another while enjoying the beautiful night sky filled with thousands of twinkling stars. Season pass is reasonable, so no campground fees or people on golf carts zooming by. Best of all is that there are no camper flood lights shinning all night because the owner of the camper is afraid of the dark.

A good book is helpful during the down times when fishing is not an option. Peace and quiet enough so that there is plenty of time to ponder on things of personal interest.

Safe camping.
Lakeside

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/21 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still here but have not been doing much due to the virus.
Big cross country trip planned in Nov.

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> loosing old members
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.