RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Your thoughts. Thor Redwood?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Your thoughts. Thor Redwood?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
topjimmy

Washington Coast

Senior Member

Joined: 06/19/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

our friends have a 2017 Redwood and it is really nice and they have only had a few little issues,as far as Independent Manufactures there is also Vanleigh RV /Tiffen which there is one in our Resort right now (Nice!)and also the high end New Horizons 5er's if money is no object


2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2004 3500 GMC Short Bed, LB7 Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

TxGearhead

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/17/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lance was bought by REV Group (Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Fleetwood, etc.).
Tiffin is just motorhomes as far as I know.
Newmar as well.
Winnebago has some smaller 5th wheels. What I've seen doesn't do much for me.


2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2014 Montana High Country 305RL
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

TxGearhead

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/17/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it was August of last year, and in the Medallion Campground it was me...Or at least there were 2 of us there.. I was the one with Black and Silver

It was the spring race. Start Your Engines Campground, off Copperhead Road.

topjimmy

Washington Coast

Senior Member

Joined: 06/19/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vanleigh 5th wheels is Owned by Tiffin
TxGearhead wrote:

Lance was bought by REV Group (Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Fleetwood, etc.).
Tiffin is just motorhomes as far as I know.
Newmar as well.
Winnebago has some smaller 5th wheels. What I've seen doesn't do much for me.


ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TxGearhead wrote:

If it was August of last year, and in the Medallion Campground it was me...Or at least there were 2 of us there.. I was the one with Black and Silver

It was the spring race. Start Your Engines Campground, off Copperhead Road.


Not me.... BUT I am sitting in Richmond VA as I type this for this weekends activities !!


Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet


ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

topjimmy wrote:

Vanleigh 5th wheels is Owned by Tiffin
TxGearhead wrote:

Lance was bought by REV Group (Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Fleetwood, etc.).
Tiffin is just motorhomes as far as I know.
Newmar as well.
Winnebago has some smaller 5th wheels. What I've seen doesn't do much for me.


SO . . . . so far we found that the Van Leigh made by Tiffin are the only *affodrable* Rv manufacturer that are privately pwned??

I walked through a few at the RV Show, they are nice, but I was not overly impressed with them

TxGearhead

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/17/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

TxGearhead wrote:

If it was August of last year, and in the Medallion Campground it was me...Or at least there were 2 of us there.. I was the one with Black and Silver

It was the spring race. Start Your Engines Campground, off Copperhead Road.


Not me.... BUT I am sitting in Richmond VA as I type this for this weekends activities !!


Hush yo mouth! LOL I have Commonwealth mezzanine tickets and spot #2 with 30amp and water at North Laburnam. Been there at that spot 4 years. Montana HC was half packed. Son in law was diagnosed with oral cancer and started chemo today. Wife says we ain't going nowhere. Daughter will need help with that 8 month old grandbaby.
Hope somebody besides Kyle Busch wins. GO SHR.

TxGearhead

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/17/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/19 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

topjimmy wrote:

Vanleigh 5th wheels is Owned by Tiffin
TxGearhead wrote:

Lance was bought by REV Group (Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Fleetwood, etc.).
Tiffin is just motorhomes as far as I know.
Newmar as well.
Winnebago has some smaller 5th wheels. What I've seen doesn't do much for me.


SO . . . . so far we found that the Van Leigh made by Tiffin are the only *affodrable* Rv manufacturer that are privately pwned??

I walked through a few at the RV Show, they are nice, but I was not overly impressed with them


I'm keeping my eyes open for used DRV's, maybe Landmarks, and maybe Redwoods. Full body paint required. 17.5 wheels and residential refrig as well.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/10/19 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TxGearhead wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

TxGearhead wrote:

If it was August of last year, and in the Medallion Campground it was me...Or at least there were 2 of us there.. I was the one with Black and Silver

It was the spring race. Start Your Engines Campground, off Copperhead Road.


Not me.... BUT I am sitting in Richmond VA as I type this for this weekends activities !!


Hush yo mouth! LOL I have Commonwealth mezzanine tickets and spot #2 with 30amp and water at North Laburnam. Been there at that spot 4 years. Montana HC was half packed. Son in law was diagnosed with oral cancer and started chemo today. Wife says we ain't going nowhere. Daughter will need help with that 8 month old grandbaby.
Hope somebody besides Kyle Busch wins. GO SHR.


We really dislike #18 as well ! ! ! I am on turn 3 catch fence,,, new spots they opened last year... 50amp.. water, sewer..
PRIORTIES.... Gotta take care of family, My best to your son in law and daughter, its never an easy fight,... know, my wife was diagnosed with Uterine cancer last January.... Its a fight... Ill be here again in September, maybe you will make that race, we will crack open a cold beverage to celebrate !

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/10/19 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TxGearhead wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

topjimmy wrote:

Vanleigh 5th wheels is Owned by Tiffin
TxGearhead wrote:

Lance was bought by REV Group (Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Fleetwood, etc.).
Tiffin is just motorhomes as far as I know.
Newmar as well.
Winnebago has some smaller 5th wheels. What I've seen doesn't do much for me.


SO . . . . so far we found that the Van Leigh made by Tiffin are the only *affodrable* Rv manufacturer that are privately pwned??

I walked through a few at the RV Show, they are nice, but I was not overly impressed with them


I'm keeping my eyes open for used DRV's, maybe Landmarks, and maybe Redwoods. Full body paint required. 17.5 wheels and residential refrig as well.


The Landmarks I believe are equal to the Redwood... basically the same, with different names on them...There are a couple of folks selling thier Redwoods over on 1 of the 2 Redwood sites.... I can check into them for you.. Is there an age range you are looking at?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Your thoughts. Thor Redwood?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS