RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Is this legal???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is this legal???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

I believe they have a contract with a clause that says the CG can raise rates if necessary. The camper can accept the increase or ask for a refund.
No trial required.
I'm not a lawyer , but I play one on the internet[emoticon]

Without knowing the cancellation policy in the contract, we don't know if he can get a refund.

He can certainly ask for a refund...he can also ask for a pet unicorn but both have nothing to do with what is enforceable per the contract.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

Just my opinion here and I am not a lawyer. If OP had paid a deposit for site I would say it was open to a price increase for the other nights not paid for. If OP paid in full I would think all nights were paid for before price increase and should be honored.

So what if the campground requires a 100% deposit?

What percentage you paid doesn't matter...it's what the contract terms set out that counts.

Example: Airlines can kick you off the plane after...you've paid in full, received your boarding card, passed thru security and are buckled into your seat. All very much legal, because the contract terms you agreed to allow for it (and no the airline doesn't walk you thru all the terms and conditions, that's your burden)

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 04:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nevermind

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

MattFromPA

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 05:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This has happened to me a few times, however it was always spelled out during the reservation process. The more popular franchise campgrounds routinely raise rates year to year, and when they take reservations a year out I've come to expect to pay a differential.

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the O/P should contact the Better Business bureau in the state of the campground, they should be able to provide honest answers. its not the money so much its the principal. some people just don't care and will lay down and let people walk on them. others do care, they are the ones that make it better for all of us. its all about right and wrong.
Jay D.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MattFromPA wrote:

This has happened to me a few times, however it was always spelled out during the reservation process. The more popular franchise campgrounds routinely raise rates year to year, and when they take reservations a year out I've come to expect to pay a differential.

If I was putting money down on this situation. I would also agree, reservation placed in prior year subject to the rates for the arrival year. But like the Tootsie Roll Pop debate, we may never know.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 12:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

MattFromPA wrote:

If I was putting money down on this situation. I would also agree, reservation placed in prior year subject to the rates for the arrival year. But like the Tootsie Roll Pop debate, we may never know.

At least toilet paper debate is settled - it goes OVER! TP Debate

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 01:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

the O/P should contact the Better Business bureau in the state of the campground, they should be able to provide honest answers. its not the money so much its the principal. some people just don't care and will lay down and let people walk on them. others do care, they are the ones that make it better for all of us. its all about right and wrong.
Jay D.
Not one in a million people check the Better Business Bureau ratings of a park when making reservations. I have had exactly one interaction with them in all the years I have been in business. They wanted me to contact someone who complained and answer as to why we were closed and wouldn't accommodate someone in January. I didn't bother to respond and never have checked my BBB rating. With the internet sites rating businesses the BBB is now a relic from the past. Totally a waste of time complaining to them.

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 01:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lodge a dispute of payment with your credit card carrier.

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wire fraud is a crime in which a person concocts a scheme to defraud or obtain money based on false representation or promises. This criminal act is done using electronic communications or an interstate communications facility.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is this legal???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS