RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Is this legal???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is this legal???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

the O/P should contact the Better Business bureau in the state of the campground, they should be able to provide honest answers. its not the money so much its the principal. some people just don't care and will lay down and let people walk on them. others do care, they are the ones that make it better for all of us. its all about right and wrong.
Jay D.

It is about right or wrong. But without details who's to say what's right and what's wrong.

A co-worker complained about stores ripping her off. She said it was a weekly occurrence, if not daily. I pointed out that if it was happening that often, then she was doing something wrong. So, she started detailing the circumstances to me. Guess what? In 99 percent of the situations, they charged her the correct price for the item - but she was looking for anything to get a lower price. She would pick something up that was on the wrong shelf and then try to argue that the sign below it (which was for a different thing completely) was what she should be charged.

In this situation, we just don't know the details. Did the website and/or small print state that prices were subject to change for 2019 reservations?

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 01:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now we have devolved to Federal wire fraud. If I jumped to these conclusions on my corporate audits at the first question I would have the FBI on speed dial.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

So what if the campground requires a 100% deposit?

Ummmm....then it wouldn't be a "deposit", it would be "Paid in Full".[emoticon]

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

Just my opinion here and I am not a lawyer. If OP had paid a deposit for site I would say it was open to a price increase for the other nights not paid for. If OP paid in full I would think all nights were paid for before price increase and should be honored.

What percentage you paid doesn't matter...it's what the contract terms set out that counts.

Example: Airlines can kick you off the plane after...you've paid in full, received your boarding card, passed thru security and are buckled into your seat. All very much legal, because the contract terms you agreed to allow for it (and no the airline doesn't walk you thru all the terms and conditions, that's your burden)
Then it is not a deposit to hold it is a paid in full contract. This is about as crazy as me selling someone a classic car on the internet and being paid in full at that time with the understanding he will pick it up at a later set date. Then telling him the prices on all our cars went up a few thousand dollars a month later. Now I tell him he owes me more for the car he already owns.
Just stupid in my opinion.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

Just my opinion here and I am not a lawyer. If OP had paid a deposit for site I would say it was open to a price increase for the other nights not paid for. If OP paid in full I would think all nights were paid for before price increase and should be honored.

What percentage you paid doesn't matter...it's what the contract terms set out that counts.

Example: Airlines can kick you off the plane after...you've paid in full, received your boarding card, passed thru security and are buckled into your seat. All very much legal, because the contract terms you agreed to allow for it (and no the airline doesn't walk you thru all the terms and conditions, that's your burden)
Then it is not a deposit to hold it is a paid in full contract. This is about as crazy as me selling someone a classic car on the internet and being paid in full at that time with the understanding he will pick it up at a later set date. Then telling him the prices on all our cars went up a few thousand dollars a month later. Now I tell him he owes me more for the car he already owns.
We take a deposit equal to one night's stay on one night reservations. I guess I have been treating it wrong all these years. From now on I will abide by the code of internet contract law and realize it is payment in full, completed contract. That means a one night reservation will not be subject to our deposit refund policies which is to refund all but a processing fee when cancelled within the cancellation period. This saves me a lot of work refunding those deposits and re-renting the site. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that paid for, but unused sites don't use any utilities, don't require cleaning, don't ever require any customer service so they are pure profit. If anyone has a problem, I will point out that to refund any money would require breaking a sacred contract and nobody wants that.
Thanks for pointing out the errors of my ways.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 03:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

We take a deposit equal to one night's stay on one night reservations. I guess I have been treating it wrong all these years. From now on I will abide by the code of internet contract law and realize it is payment in full, completed contract. That means a one night reservation will not be subject to our deposit refund policies which is to refund all but a processing fee when cancelled within the cancellation period. This saves me a lot of work refunding those deposits and re-renting the site. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that paid for, but unused sites don't use any utilities, don't require cleaning, don't ever require any customer service so they are pure profit. If anyone has a problem, I will point out that to refund any money would require breaking a sacred contract and nobody wants that.
If this is what you got out of my opinion then maybe you are not as bright as I thought.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

If this is what you got out of my opinion then maybe you are not as bright as I thought.
You were very clear that a 100% deposit is not a deposit, but rather a completed contract. If that is indeed a fact, then any cancellation request by the customer would be a request to break that contract. Are you suggesting that breaking contracts should be an intregal aspect of good business processes? If not, the alternative would be for both parties to honorthat contract and consider that site rented to the customer whether they intend to arrive or not.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigred1cav wrote:

Wire fraud is a crime in which a person concocts a scheme to defraud or obtain money based on false representation or promises. This criminal act is done using electronic communications or an interstate communications facility.

Really??? You have no clue what the policy says or doesn't say about rate increases, and you're calling this a criminal act?

Maybe Bob Mueller should investigate.

No wonder our country is so jacked up.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

RAS43

Littleton,CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder where the OP went, probably scared off by all this "legal" talk. [emoticon]

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/19 12:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4van wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Ummmm....then it wouldn't be a "deposit", it would be "Paid in Full".[emoticon]

Would it if they label it a "deposit"?

Especially if there is a clause that the prices may be adjusted for 2019, it's not "paid in full.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is this legal???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS