RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Dealer never put TITLE in my name, am I stuck??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Dealer never put TITLE in my name, am I stuck??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cudntherd

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not say this very often....Time to hire a lawyer.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since you have the bill of sale, file for a lost title. The DMV will do a search and if it comes back free and clear they can issue a new title.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/19 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact the dealer and see what is up. Be nice.

Then take your paperwork and RV to the DMV and register the vehicle if no action by the dealer in 30 days.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/19 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chum lee wrote:

Oh no, paperwork nightmares! I can't say for sure in PA, but, in CA, where I've spent most my life, the sticks and bricks licensed car/truck dealership is responsible for completing the transfer of ownership documentation unless you purchased the vehicle as is, on consignment, or, in some other non-standard way. (auction, estate sale, online trade, etc.)

IMO, your best bet (as others have mentioned) is to become a pest at the dealer where you purchased the vehicle. If you purchased the vehicle on the up and up, you should not have to be involved in any legwork concerning the paperwork. That's what you pay the dealer for. (license and registration fees are collected by the dealer and paid to the state) If no avail, I would contact the state of PA regarding the car dealers license status and make a complaint there. Make sure you retain any paperwork showing that you paid the applicable fees. They can't stay in business as a reputable car dealer without a dealers license. Time is of the essence! Sorry you have to face this with health limitations.

Chum lee

\
With the sale taking place in Florida, and the buyer located in Pennsylvania, the dealer should not have collected any fees for license or registration. I am sure that the buyer would be licensing the RV in PA and paying the sales tax in PA. The temporary registration would have allowed him to take the coach back to PA for registration but at this point in time, I'm not sure that the temporary registration is still valid for travel to PA. Another temporary registration can be obtained in Florida if he has the proof of sale, etc. I should add that Florida and many other States have digital titles so there MAY NOT actually be a paper title to hand over to anyone.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is any help, check with the state where you are. You have reciepts showing storage for over a year, and may be able to get a salvage title if all else fails.
It will hurt the value when you sell, but may allow you to use it now.

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another option might be contacting the state AG. Thy often help with consumer protection issues and might be able to apply pressure to the dealer if they want to keep doing business.

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/19 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They committed fraud. Call your local police

dave17352

Ne

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AllegroD wrote:

Another option might be contacting the state AG. Thy often help with consumer protection issues and might be able to apply pressure to the dealer if they want to keep doing business.

I agree with this. If you are strapped for cash and let them know your story they might very well step in. They like going after creeps. I would be calling them constantly in the meantime. I think they will get tired of this and get it taken care of. Unless they are bonified crooks they took your money, they should have the goods. JMHO

2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
50 gal aux tank
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!
Renogy 200 Watt solar

Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was going to ask "Who takes possession of a vehicle without getting a title" when I remembered that I did. We bought a car that was on a dealer's lot but actually owned by a leasing company (it was leased to the Secret Service for a presidential visit). I went to pick up the vehicle and they said the title would be in the next day. I left the vehicle at the dealer and went back the next day - no title. I said I would be canceling the deal and taking back the trade in. The trouble was, they had sold the trade in.

So I said "give me a dealer plate or I'm calling the AG". It took a month to get the title and they kept calling me asking for their dealer plate back. No title, no plate. Basically, they sold a car they didn't own. I probably could have owned the dealership if I pushed it.

tderonne

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/19 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Since you have the bill of sale, file for a lost title. The DMV will do a search and if it comes back free and clear they can issue a new title.

This is what I'd do in Michigan. And if it doesn't come back free and clear, at least they did the legwork for you.

Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Dealer never put TITLE in my name, am I stuck??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS