RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What's the one thing that you have but hardly EVER use?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's the one thing that you have but hardly EVER use?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are clearly odd-man out here, but let's go.

When we bought out coach it was 34yo. The instruction was still on the oven burner. We use both the gas oven the microwave that we first carried cargo strapped to the dinette. I have since made a fixed installation and we on our third. (One because DW did not like it.)
We have used the gas oven for frozen pizza more than a few times.

At one of the rallies, DW did a cooking seminar. She had all four burners going.

The coach is a 23'A and we don't even have a TV. When I can't get wire (old expression for internet access), I/we read books. We just don't have enough storage for things we don't need/want/use.

We are travelers and are often ONP in less than the most desirable places, so we still carry the "inflatable" bicycles under the dinette. This annoys the two dogs and they loose their den until we hold up someplace we will be a couple of days.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you OP for the insight that I have to download and clean up my RV storage for the things that I never use.

You can't imagine what wifey put in there.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By the comments that I see here makes me wonder just how much a lot of you even camp. We go for 5 1/2 months at a time and just about 80% of the things you do not use we do.
I know we are lucky to be anywhere USA any time we want but at most of the RV parks we camp at offer TV and the net which gives us a chance to see what is screwed up in this world , then we shut it off and move on in the morning. LOl

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Supercharged

Az.

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

suprz wrote:

For me it's the Genturi... Used it once so far and have had it for 4 years [emoticon]. Oh yeah, and the toaster!
Most RVer's, that would be money.

So big a world, so little time to see.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Awning, just don't seem to ever use it. Away from the camper of a day and don't need it at night.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

By the comments that I see here makes me wonder just how much a lot of you even camp. We go for 5 1/2 months at a time and just about 80% of the things you do not use we do.
I know we are lucky to be anywhere USA any time we want but at most of the RV parks we camp at offer TV and the net which gives us a chance to see what is screwed up in this world , then we shut it off and move on in the morning. LOl
We don't camp, we gave up "camping" when we grew up and bought an RV. We use our RV to stay in while we travel.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

So, out of the remaining 20%, "What's the one thing you have but hardly EVER use?"? (title of thread)

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

So, out of the remaining 20%, "What's the one thing you have but hardly EVER use?"? (title of thread)

The fire extinguisher. Other than that we use everything often. Opps I forgot the sofabed. We will not use that ever I* hope.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Yep, yet another absolutely worthless camping utensil, the Hot dog/marshmallow METAL FORKS!

Too long to fit in drawers so they must be put in a upper cabinet or under the sink where they are completely forgotten until you knock them out of the upper cabinet and they launch themselves right at you causing you to attempt to flee these mid evil devices..

If you do happen to remember you have them cooking a marshmallow on them is a futile endeavor which because the steel transfers heat to the internal part of the marshmallow they soften to fats, rotate on the metal and you only get to burn one side of the marshmallow unit it gives up and melts off the forks into the campfire..

Hot dogs do seem to work but you tend to burn yourself on the super hot forks while trying to pull the dog off these super long metal forks..

Better off to buy long bamboo skewers which seem to work much better and you simply toss them when done..

JimBollman

Lost State of Franklin

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have always been minimalist RVers, as others have said we travel and camp for the night and move on, we don't sit in one place more than a day or two at most and usually not much more than 12hr. Largest camper we have ever owned was an 8.5' slide in camper, so stuff that isn't used does't go along for long. In 40+ years of camping we never had a TV. We bought a used B last June with a TV/DVD combo. I turned it on to see if it worked, DVD worked, needed to be plugged into cable for the TV to work no antenna. After the first outing we decided it would not get used much if at all, other have given the reasons. I pulled it out and found a large empty area that had no access before, so I boxed in the space and added a door and have one of our more useful storage areas since it is right by the kitchen. We tend to go on two different kinds of trips so a few things move in and out depending on the trip.

We will see after this Summer what needs to be removed or added.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's the one thing that you have but hardly EVER use?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS