RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What's the one thing that you have but hardly EVER use?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's the one thing that you have but hardly EVER use?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the previous 20+ years....the air conditioner. Now, with traveling out of state, and staying in campgrounds more....we’re using the ac more!

Hand mixer, toaster, bedroom DVD player, several heavy winter coats, blue (black tank) tote a large, heavy dog fence, electric coffee pot, slow cooker, lots of extra bedding, hand axe, dish washer (used for storage), folding plastic table with bench, Coleman Latern, large box of MREs, AR 15, tactical pump shotgun, assorted handguns, back-up scopes for rifles, floor safe, pair of rubber boots.....and likely lots of stuff I can’t remember! Summary: a lot!

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After about 2000 nights of use, I have yet to see if the TV works. Never used the outdoor shower. Never used the backdoor awning except to open it up and clean it. The microwave has been used probably about 5 times. We rarely have hook ups and don't want to start the generator just to heat up something in the microwave. My wife has used the kitchen sink sprayer to wash her hair but otherwise we just don't use it. It wastes too much water.

The skylight is another waste. In the summer the sun beats down so I put in a piece of insulation board.

Boomerweps

Hills of PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

After about 2000 nights of use, I have yet to see if the TV works. Never used the outdoor shower.

Since I can't get OTA TV channels at home, I like to check out the old westerns and detective shows on the digital sub channels early morning with my coffee.
The outside shower is GREAT for cleaning dogs and doing dishes, no food scraps stinking up the gray water tank.

2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited
2019 F150 SCrew STX SB 5.0 factory tow package

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with discarding things that you hardly ever use is that those items are not important till you NEED them. I am thinking along the lines of spare parts carried rather than extra camp chairs & such.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

The problem with discarding things that you hardly ever use is that those items are not important till you NEED them. I am thinking along the lines of spare parts carried rather than extra camp chairs & such.

Guess you "could" ditch your spare tire, no sense dragging that along with ya? [emoticon]

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bassomatic 5000!

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boomerweps wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

After about 2000 nights of use, I have yet to see if the TV works. Never used the outdoor shower.

The outside shower is GREAT for cleaning dogs and doing dishes, no food scraps stinking up the gray water tank.

Don't have any dogs or animals to clean outdoors. I like being able to stay inside to clean dishes and cannot imagine dumping the food scraps on the ground around my camper. I have a stainer in the sink so I can dump the scraps in the garbage.

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/19 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

Boomerweps wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

Don't have any dogs or animals to clean outdoors. I like being able to stay inside to clean dishes and cannot imagine dumping the food scraps on the ground around my camper. I have a stainer in the sink so I can dump the scraps in the garbage.

Dumping scraps outside the camper, where we camp.....may invite some guests weighing-in at 400 pounds and up! [emoticon]

paddykernahan

Westland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/19 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Third year in MH.
Outside TV/Entertainment center (Used once to watch the eclipse)
Outside shower (Never used)
Awning (used once for light rain)
Outside lights (I like it dark)
Outside mats (Don't even own one)

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/19 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Dumping scraps outside the camper". That is one thing the DW misses from our boating days. If it was biodegradable over the side it went. Cut down on trash accumulation, no dumpsters on the water, & encouraged fish to come around. More than a few times one of those fish became a meal.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's the one thing that you have but hardly EVER use?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS