|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Cell Signal Booster

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/19 11:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

A directional Wilson electronics directional antenna may also be necessary. You mounted on the mast and then you can turn the mast.

There's some YouTubers that boondock a lot and use them to get better reception for uploading and downloading videos.

when all else fails I dig out the yagi coupled to the weboost, but being a somewhat PITA to orient the yagi if you don't know where a tower is I go with an external omni on about a 15ft pole first.

If the yagi doesn't work I just turn on the garmin inreach and text or email whomever I want to contact and they can text back. As long as I can get to an iridium sat it gets through. And getting to an iridium sat is generally pretty much guaranteed.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

DrJJAnderson

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/19 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jbrack wrote:

Do cell signal booster work? As most RV'ers know, most RV park wifi is basically worthless. I also have a Verizon Mifi that works off cell service. With a good cell service it works pretty good, but good cell service can also be a problem. I'm looking at a cell signal booster but a decent one is around $400 - $500. Anyone have an opinion on these boosters?

This is my take on things. Cell phone boosters and Wi-Fi boosters do work, but you need an existing signal for them to boost it. If you have absolutely no signal, it can't do any good. If you're looking for general information on cell phone boosters and Wi-Fi boosters, check this ***Link Removed***place out. They have a number of blogs on boosters of all sorts.

American Booster

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/19 02:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cell phone signal booster improves signal strength and increases data speeds in the places with poor reception.

In order to decide if you need a booster, ask yourself these questions.

When I am inside the vehicle, home or office, do I have problems with dropped calls or lost connections, poor call audio quality, or texts, emails and voicemails that show up in my in-box hours after they were sent?
When I go outside, do I get better call quality and faster data speeds than when I’m indoors?
If you answered, “yes” to both questions, signal booster will improve the signal coverage in your vehicle, home or office.

American Booster

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/19 02:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cell phone signal booster improves signal strength and increases data speeds in the places with poor reception.

In order to decide if you need a booster, ask yourself these questions.

When I am inside the vehicle, home or office, do I have problems with dropped calls or lost connections, poor call audio quality, or texts, emails and voicemails that show up in my in-box hours after they were sent?
When I go outside, do I get better call quality and faster data speeds than when I’m indoors?
If you answered, “yes” to both questions, signal booster will improve the signal coverage in your vehicle, home or office.

austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/19 04:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of the ones I have read reviews on that have an internal and external antenna say that they needed to be very close to the internal antenna as in inches away for it to work. I would like one that amplifies it enough to be outside the rv

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/19 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

austinjenna wrote:

All of the ones I have read reviews on that have an internal and external antenna say that they needed to be very close to the internal antenna as in inches away for it to work. I would like one that amplifies it enough to be outside the rv

The inside signal from our Maximum Signal Max Amp RV is strong enough that we get a boosted signal outside in roughly the awning coverage area. Our inside antenna is located off center towards that side though, so the coverage is minimal anywhere else outside. Inside, our coverage is end to end with the weakest signal in the bathroom with the door closed.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pinesman

virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/19 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Weboost on my house and a no name kit from Ebay on my shop. I can't really tell that much difference. I take the one out of my shop and use it in my trailer when I go out. It helps a lot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Cell Signal Booster
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS