|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Strong sweetish odor

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/19 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would suspect a toilet deodorizing chemical was added and activated once liquid hit it. Something like Thetford AquaKem

Knowharm

Us

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/19 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI. Cheese guy made me laugh too now that I re-read it after getting some sleep. I don’t know what the odor was, but I febreezed the crud out of the toilet and the odor has not returned. Pot heads should buy stock in febreeze. [emoticon] thanks for everyone’s advice and humor.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/19 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Knowharm,

Remember there is no trap in an RV toilet. This means that running the ceiling fan when flushing the toilet will draw the odors right into the bathroom from the poop tank. Turn the fan off when flushing and you might find your situation more tolerable.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/19 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Knowharm wrote:

I don’t know what the odor was, but I febreezed the crud out of the toilet and the odor has not returned. Pot heads should buy stock in febreeze.

Better yet use what the pros use to get that pot head and all other smells out of their RVs
OZIUM [emoticon]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used toilet tablets but still got smells even after flushing the tanks really well once home and on a good water supply.

I started adding a cup of bleach and some dawn dish detergent to a 6 gallon bucket then mixed it into a foam using a paint stir plastic fan thingy in my cordless drill. it makes a great thick foam. That goes into the toilet and each sink drain and shower. During my trips i spritz the commode after each use with a cleaner containing bleach and i haven't had any odors nor do I use the tablets anymore.

i read about the Geo method and will be adding the water softener next time. The tablets produced an odor that i didn't care for.

I happen to be a person who detects odors that others can't smell. My neighbor found that useful when he had a dead rat in his garage and couldn't find it,I walked right up to it's resting place behind his work bench. TMI ? ....maybe.....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Strong sweetish odor
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS