|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th wheel hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/19 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be careful with that Trailair hitch. I had the Trailair/Triglide and two of those three rollers on mine broke their welds leaving one roller to keep the trailer attached to the hitch. Those hitches aren't sold any more.

BTW, I'm very satisfied with my CURT hitch.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can always rebuild your hitch, they sell replacement jaws and springs from eTrailer for your dual jaw Reese. I’m sure you can also buy the fixed legs for your Reese and take the Slider assembly off. That should make things a little more quiet.

My dad has a Curt 20k slider and never had a single chucking issue. I suspect that there were other factors at play for some who had chucking with the Curt’s that chuck.

B&W makes a great product and you can’t go wrong with them.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

No truck, no trailer (yet)

Current vehicle is a 2.5 n/a 2016 Ford Fusion, soon to be a TV. (Great Car)

Y’all think RV’ing is expensive you should try General Aviation...but my the view

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

Be careful with that Trailair hitch. I had the Trailair/Triglide and two of those three rollers on mine broke their welds leaving one roller to keep the trailer attached to the hitch. Those hitches aren't sold any more.

BTW, I'm very satisfied with my CURT hitch.

TRUE the TriGlide is no longer. Mine is "rated" at 21k and I have towed 23k behind mine since day one. When towing doubles I am at 25k.

I am sure YOU greased "ALL 9 Zerks" but many did knot have a clue about the 3 hidden ones.

I grease mine with AMZ/OIL Synthetic and so far so good. If it takes a **** I will weld it solid.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

twinstick wrote:

I think if I did slide it, it would get into the tailgate.

Many do when slid back. In case you keep your slider, there are things you can do for this. I have two chains and carabiners that hold my gate open a few inches to keep it out of the way when slid back. Keeping in mind I'm not traveling and great distances or at high speeds.

I found out the hard way my 5th didn't clear the gate when turned. It sure looked like it was going to [emoticon]

jaycocamprs

Ringgold Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After 14 years with a Reese 16K Select I got a B&W for the new truck with the factory mounts It was money well spent.

2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocamprs wrote:

After 14 years with a Reese 16K Select I got a B&W for the new truck with the factory mounts It was money well spent.

I assume you thought the REESE was good until you experienced using the B&W.

I felt that way going from a RBW to B&W. No comparison!

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought a used Reese 16k from dealer cuz it had the 4-way swivel head when we had a '03 F250 SD. When we got our '15 F350, it was a off the lot purchase and it didn't have the puck system, so went w/ Reese rails and brackets. Wasn't too bad and did what it was supposed to do. Then we got the new coach, it was much heavier than the old one, so decided to upgrade the hitch, yet still use same rails and frame brackets. B&W 18K Patriot was had and YES this thing is beefy. Had to enlarge 1 hole in rail cuz it didn't fit 100%. Hitch was day and night ahead of the Reese. Last year we upgraded truck, again, off the lot and no puck system, so went w/ B&W rails and brackets. OMG they are soo much more heft to them than the Reese was. In short, the B&W IS a much more weighty hitch, but man-o-man am COMPLETELY happy I went with B&W.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

grampscamper

Toronto

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for the B&W.

2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2017 Passport Elite 19RB
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/19 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I mentioned ease of use, in earlier post, to elaborate, it has a cam style operation of the jaws, by use of a rotating handle. This allows very easy hook up/unhook of the king pin at any angle, even with truck uneven to trailer. A visual look test, jaws closed around the pin, handle closed, locking pin in place, it will not open, you are ready to tow.

Jerry

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

I mentioned ease of use, in earlier post, to elaborate, it has a cam style operation of the jaws, by use of a rotating handle. This allows very easy hook up/unhook of the king pin at any angle, even with truck uneven to trailer. A visual look test, jaws closed around the pin, handle closed, locking pin in place, it will not open, you are ready to tow.

Jerry

True Dat!!!

I never do a pull test I do a "VISUAL" test with my B&W. Handle locked in place and jaws closed around kingpin good to go!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th wheel hitch
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS