|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Guilty pleasures

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/19 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What amazes me when watching others back in, is how most get everything right on the first try, and done. I don't see how everyone but me is perfectly level, just back in, shut it off, throw out a rug, couple chairs, open a beer, relax. Me backing, no problem...just don't understand how I am the only one that never gets a site that is PERFECTLY level, never need a board or device to level. [emoticon]

Jerry

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Here we go. The "I never have a problem" crowd, the "I like to make fun of them crowd", etc., should pop up about now. This never ends well. Mod, you might want to consider closing this before it gets out of hand.

I never have a problem unless one of the neighbors is parked where he shouldn't. I like to watch people, but I don't make fun of anybody, we were all noobs once. I will offer help if it looks like they need it, and they look like they will accept it.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I take pleasure in being out there, especially boondocking or late in the season when there is no one around. I do not feel guilty about any of it. Helping people is important.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

What amazes me when watching others back in, is how most get everything right on the first try, and done. I don't see how everyone but me is perfectly level, just back in, shut it off, throw out a rug, couple chairs, open a beer, relax. Me backing, no problem...just don't understand how I am the only one that never gets a site that is PERFECTLY level, never need a board or device to level. [emoticon]

Jerry

The vast majority could care less if the rig is an inch or two or three out of level. Typically those who have never visited or joined and RV board.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have been on both sides. Years ago backing into a narrow site with trees on both sides, narrow road in front, and a drop off into the river next to the road, I made numerous back and forth moves to finally get the 5er lined up as I wanted. About 2/3 thru the process a guy in a hammock in the next site said "if you run out of diesel, yell and I will go get you some". [emoticon] Probably would have mad a lot of people mad, but I thought it was funny.

But I also enjoy watching the sometimes painful antics some go thru getting set up.

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

MFL wrote:

Jerry

The vast majority could care less if the rig is an inch or two or three out of level. Typically those who have never visited or joined and RV board.

Some of those folks will show up here later wondering what happened to the fridge.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

Ralph Cramden wrote:

MFL wrote:

Jerry

Some of those folks will show up here later wondering what happened to the fridge.

But only the ones that do not follow the fridge manufacturers spec of within 3 degrees of level side to side of the fridge, and do not know what that equates to. That is over a foot and a half out of level on a 28' rig with the fridge against the sidewall. Not 2" or 3" or even 6" that will never hurt an absorbtion fridge.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Here we go. The "I never have a problem" crowd, the "I like to make fun of them crowd", etc., should pop up about now. This never ends well. Mod, you might want to consider closing this before it gets out of hand.
Don't like the thread? Consider not reading it rather than censoring it. They have a lovely "Hide" button on threads that guarantee you won't be bothered by it again.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

MFL wrote:

Jerry

And are the ones that complain about how short the life of the RV fridge is.

Seattle Steve

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Hey, don't take away my fun. I come here to laugh at the old geezers who think they know everything and are wrong more often than they're right.

(And thanks Ralph Cramden for giving the facts on out-of-level and absorption refrigerators. But the geezeers don't want to be confused with facts.)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Guilty pleasures
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS