|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Guilty pleasures

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Piddlers

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/19 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My guilty pleasure is walking around the campground everyday for exercise and looking at the other trailers thinking, wow, that's pretty, or wow, what were they thinking, or wow, how did they bring so much stuff.

JimBollman

Lost State of Franklin

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm an old guy and have pulled trailers (not RVs) for 50 years as needed and still can't back worth ****. My camper was a series of small slide in truck camper for many years and as of last year a B so when I pull it is a 12' box trailer behind the camper rig. Since I know my limitations I have had a front hitch for tight spots on my last two trucks and I just push the trailer where I want.

I normally don't watch the backers having trouble but I do on occasion watch the good ones. My most memorable was maybe 15 years ago, I was all setup and a huge 5th wheel pulled up in front of me to back into what I thought was a very tight spot. The wife got out with a headset on and a stick and started walking around talking to her husband. They backed into that very tight space first try no maneuvering one try and stopped and with the help of the stick when they pushed out their slides they came with in a few inches of the trees. I went over and told them how impressed I was.

My wife knows not to try and help me, even for lining up the hitch, it never helps. It takes fewer tries without her hand signal instructions. I added a backup camera to the B that I can actually see the hitch.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My guilty pleasure while camping is quality bedding. Comfortable mattress and pillows. Having my own brand of coffee in the morning is another.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/19 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Visiting the Pacific NW stop by the Ballard locks on a Sunday afternoon. You can have a front row seat watching the boats enter the locks after a weekend of boating and drinks. [emoticon]

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

jake2250

Sacramento

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 11:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Here we go. The "I never have a problem" crowd, the "I like to make fun of them crowd", etc., should pop up about now. This never ends well. Mod, you might want to consider closing this before it gets out of hand.

So if I understand this correctly. You clicked on this this thread by your own well being.
And because you don't like it or got Butt hurt over it, You felt the need to notify the mods to close this?
I enjoy reading this,, I guess I don't count? Its all about Crowe?
Couldn't just roll your eyes and move on?
You my fickle friend are the joys of camping! Watching people like you blow a gasket over simple stuff that is Totally out of your control!
My dog barks all the time for your enjoyment, my LED lights run All night for your enjoyment!
My kids like your grassy section to run around better than the one I chose!
I only burn my trash when the wind blows towards your camper!
I drive home chuckling at how mad you were the whole time I was there!
I plan to be ahead of you when we go to dump our tanks,, because I flush my tanks at least three times!
Dude,, relax![emoticon]

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/19 11:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we had our fifth wheel it sometimes took me 20 minutes to jack it int our drive. Neighbors on a dead end street didn't mind much. If they had though of it they would have brought chairs to watch. I'm sure it was quite a show. Only once did I get the angles just right and backed in with one attempt and pulled forward a couple of times to get it just right. I haven't heard of any incidents on the new fangled drive though boat launch ramps in a while. We did have one TV Bass Fisherman let his dog back the coach into the water here.

rightlaneonly

CA..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/19 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fishing with my son he asked me to back the trailer in to load the boat at the end of the day, no prob says I. Well after many tries and much laughter I realized the problem was I could not see the trailer in the mirrors until it was already trying to jackknife. After a few times of this I got out, lowered the tail gate so I could see the trailer and viola, looked like a pro. Entertainment for others and a little wounded pride for me but all in all. a good day. Learn to laugh, especially at yourself.

Lee & Jane
2007 Ford F 150 and a 2013 Econ 14BB.
I wanna go where I haven't been,
but still wanna see what I've seen again.

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Piddlers wrote:

My guilty pleasure is walking around the campground everyday for exercise and looking at the other trailers thinking, wow, that's pretty, or wow, what were they thinking, or wow, how did they bring so much stuff.

Yep same here. The two labs love it also. Each site post that has the number on it provides for some sort of social thing for the dogs. [emoticon]

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess when you're sitting under the awning, sipping a beverage - the only thing to do is people-watch? There's nothing better than the excitement of a bunch of kids who just arrived at the campground and they want to do EVERYTHING all at once....LOL!

But I agree with others - for true entertainment - go to the boat launch :-)

Crowe

Merrimack, NH (finally!)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/19 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So if I understand this correctly. You clicked on this this thread by your own well being.
And because you don't like it or got Butt hurt over it, You felt the need to notify the mods to close this?
I enjoy reading this,, I guess I don't count? Its all about Crowe?
Couldn't just roll your eyes and move on?
You my fickle friend are the joys of camping! Watching people like you blow a gasket over simple stuff that is Totally out of your control!
My dog barks all the time for your enjoyment, my LED lights run All night for your enjoyment!
My kids like your grassy section to run around better than the one I chose!
I only burn my trash when the wind blows towards your camper!
I drive home chuckling at how mad you were the whole time I was there!
I plan to be ahead of you when we go to dump our tanks,, because I flush my tanks at least three times!
Dude,, relax!

LOL! Your self-righteous indignation is hysterical! Quite the leap of faith and quite the imagination-no "butt hurt", no nothing, but if it makes you feel better to imagine that to justify your tirade, go ahead. And thanks for supporting me as to why threads like this go nowhere and should be closed-you proved my point.

Subscribe to the 3 "L" rule-don't stop livin', lovin' and learnin'

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Guilty pleasures
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS