RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: I bet glider pickups would sell!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> I bet glider pickups would sell!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/19 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not so sure the electrics are in my RVing future. Not enough range. Failing DPFs arent a convenience. Many of us wouldn't have a problem skipping camping in California.

Sounds like it isn't happening anyway.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

djg

Caledonia, On

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Didn't we already figure out the future is electric?
I am not environmental freak, but on practical site the truck is already forbidden from driving in California.
About 8 states already follow CA smog laws and the number keeps growing.
When they will follow with same restrictions?
Right now I own 3 vehicles with DPF and DEF. It is additional maintenance issues (with potential for high expenses) but similar my android cost way more than old dial-phone.
Would I drop convenience of android for scanning the cars, operating light systems in my house and checking gate camera only to gain more reliability?
Heck no.

Are there states that will not allow me to drive my truck into because it is a pre emission truck what gives there it adheres to all the emissions the were out the year the truck was new are they telling you that you have to buy a new truck?????

2015 Livnlite Camplite TC10
1995 Ford F-350 dually 7.3 Diesel

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

Just wondering how many of us would love a pickup version.. Basically, it’s a new shell with remanufactured engine/transmission/axles. You get the benefit of creature comforts/electronics without the same emission requirements/equipment.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/03/heres-w........truck-dude-i-love-or-hate-my-ride-video/

That was a good video. The trucker is remarkably clear, using understandable language, with his descriptions of his truck and how things work - along with some humorous comments!

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

djg wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

Didn't we already figure out the future is electric?
I am not environmental freak, but on practical site the truck is already forbidden from driving in California.
About 8 states already follow CA smog laws and the number keeps growing.
When they will follow with same restrictions?
Right now I own 3 vehicles with DPF and DEF. It is additional maintenance issues (with potential for high expenses) but similar my android cost way more than old dial-phone.
Would I drop convenience of android for scanning the cars, operating light systems in my house and checking gate camera only to gain more reliability?
Heck no.

Are there states that will not allow me to drive my truck into because it is a pre emission truck what gives there it adheres to all the emissions the were out the year the truck was new are they telling you that you have to buy a new truck?????

I think all RV are exempt from those laws, but lot of TC owners have commercial registration on their truck and that is where things get tricky.

finsruskw

Earlville, IA

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would sooner have an old school Big Horn class 8 (only about 250 were built) from the mid seventies re-powered by a new Cummins.
Got to be the "Ultimate Hood"!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> I bet glider pickups would sell!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS