RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: How do I change these LEDs?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> How do I change these LEDs?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The glass twists off. I have halogens, but same thing. The "lamp" is on spring clip. Pull it down enough so you can grip the glass and twist is off. Sometimes, the glass sticks, so what I did was spray a very light coating of WD-40, just in one or 2 spots, where the glass meets the metal and wait a few minutes. Then try again. After you get it off, clean the area of WD-40 and put a small bit of valeline on the glass for net time. Very small amount. When you do this, be sure you are secure. I use a ladder as I am short and it pays to have a good grip. If you feel safer use some gloves to grip the glass with one hand and the metal base with the other. Be careful, as the mount is fragile and you don't want to break it. For the Halogens, I have to use lintless white gloves so I don't get oil on the bulb. I don't know if this would be necessary for an LED, but it would not hurt. GOOD LUCK!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> How do I change these LEDs?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS